13

Caleb POV

  It's been months since the first attack on the packs. We don't have a single clue as to who is behind the attacks, and to add the cherry on top of this turd sundae, someone keeps sending threats to Kennedy. I don't know if the attacks and the threats are related, but the only thing that's certain is the attacks keep getting closer to our pack. Whoever is attacking the packs has already taken out half of the packs in the states. If this keeps going we'll be wiped out completely. I rubbed my face in frustration and look at Will. His face looks like he aged ten years and the exhaustion is getting to him. He's been in and out of our pack helping our allies fighting off the attacks but it was always too late. I've gone to help the fighting too but every time I leave the threats to Kennedy arrive, like if someone is watching me and striking while I'm gone. After a while I stopped leaving the pack letting Will and my men help others. They'd arrive too late to save the alphas and betas, most of their mates died as well. They couldn't stand the pain of loosing their mate so they either committed suicide once they got here or they let their enemy kill them on the spot. The only exception to this was Luna Jasmine, she knew that she was expecting and the only thing keeping her going is her unborn child. 

  After the first attack we asked the Alphas to meet with us and they decided that it was probably a random attack. They didn't think it was necessary to have all alphas meet for one little rogue problem, but now it was made clear that this wasn't a small problem. Packs were being destroyed, the authorities of the packs were being taken out, and we still don't even know who did it. The survivors say some of their members are missing and I suspect that since they had weaker willed wolves and since their alphas were killed, they found a new alpha. The one who killed theirs, if I'm right then that means that his forces are growing bigger. I growl in frustration and sweep everything off of my desk. Papers flutter to the ground and pens scatter, the breaking of a paper weight rings throughout the room. 

  "What are we supposed to do?!" I can feel Will's stare but he stays quite. I put my hands on my now bare desk, closing my eyes and concentrating. "I think you should go with Kennedy and Caleb. You need your family's support right now and you need rest." I open my eyes and shake my head. "I'm the last person you should be worried about. Go rest and get some sleep. You look terrible." I send him a smile and he nods, moving to pick up what I've swept off my desk. "Come on you don't have to pick up my mess, just go rest." He's bent over something and I move to see what's he's reading. He's picked up a map that Anais left in my office. "Caleb Where's Anais?" My eye brows furrow in confusion. "What? I don't know where. We haven't spoken since the last time she was here." He stands up and I stare at him, my gut feeling uneasy. "Last time she was here she said the werewolves and demons no longer had an alliance. And now this map ... I don't want to think it but if she took over Hell then that means that she can go places without being detected. She has enough powers to beat an Alph-" I grit my teeth and interrupt him. "That's enough William."

  He glares at me and I glare at him. "Don't be naive. She's hated Kennedy since the day she found her. She broke off the Alliance with the werewolves and suddenly we have attacks happening left and right. Shes a demon. You should know better than anyone that demons can't be trusted. I wouldn't be surprised if she was watching every move the Alphas make. I won't demand you to accuse her but I ask that you aren't blinded by your feelings for her." He hands me the map and walks out of my office, his shoulder lowering. The door closes behind him and I stare at the map. I stare at it, there's paths drawn all over the map that lead to the packs. The outposts were all written here along with the guards rotation schedules. My heart dropped and I scrambled to my phone, punching her number in. "I'm sorry the number you've dialed is no longer in service if you'd like-" I throw my phone to the wall in anger and watch it smash to piece. 

 My heart tells me that it couldn't be her. She's a sweet girl and she'd never do anything to hurt us, me. My head is telling me something else. The way her green eyes dulled the last time I spoke to her. The tears running down her cheeks, her soft whisper begging me to tell her I was lying. A woman scorned is dangerous but a supernatural one is a whole other level of dangerous. On top of that she's Queen of the demons, that in itself speaks volumes. I don't want to admit it but she's number one suspect right now and although my heart can't approve it's the only lead I have. In order to clear her name or to stop these attacks I have to find her and I won't be able to do that while the others are being attacked.  With that in mind I start working on a way to protect the packs that are still around. 

  It took me hours but I finally got a decent plan which involves witches. Fortunately my father saved a young witch's life and in return she gave us protection spells but we still need a witch to give us enough power to cover all of the five packs. It should be good enough plan while I track down Anais. She'll lead me right to her. She left a bunch of maps of everywhere she's been and if I look hard enough then I'm sure that I can find one of Hell. Once I find it I can send scouts out to check it out and get information back to me. If Anais is involved in the attacks then... I sigh and pick up my office phone dialing the witch. After a ten minutes conversation with her, I grit my teeth. The spell would work only if I wasn't there because apparently I have the most pure Alpha blood which will make the magic seep into my blood. Since magic is from nature is extremely attracted to anything pure. Which I thought would be a good thing because come on an alpha with magic in their blood sounds awesome. 

  As the witch so nicely put it for me if anyone but a born witch has that power, it makes them go insane, or as she put it mad as a hatter. I have no idea if Caleb, my son or if Kennedy would be affected since I don't know what rank Kennedy's parents were. Would it make them go insane? What if they get affected by it? Would it slowly grow within them or would they instantly become insane? Is this the right way? On one hand if I don't do this then a lot of people will die but on the other hand if I do and it goes wrong then my family might be insane after. If I take them out of the spells border then they're easy targets. I don't think I would survive knowing I willingly put them in danger. I'd rather have them insane than not have them at all. With that resolve I make a conference call telling the other Alphas of the plan and many wanted to object me but I wouldn't let them. My wolf and I being too proud and too stubborn to settle for anything else. 

They begrudgingly agreed and I let them know that they would have to come to my pack in order to protect everyone. After hanging up I was exhausted but I still wasn't done. I now had to find a place for over about a thousand people to stay in. We already used the available spaces for the refugees. I'll ask Will to help me with that when he wakes up. I look at my watch and realize its already six at night. Running my calloused hand over my face, I realize that I'm going to have some coffee while I look over Anais' maps. I had to find Anais. She can either break or make this war and I need answers to my questions.