The Truth

It's funny how a simple doctor visit and blood test can change someone's life. It's like going to the doctor for a check up and finding out you have stage 2 cancer, I wish I found that out, instead my brother and I found out we we aren't our parents (If you would call them that) kids. "Santiago, are you okay?" No, I'm not. "You're pretty quiet. Nothing to say?" My Doctor quietly asks. "What is there to say? 'Aw, shucks. There not ma family' No, I was lied to for years!"

Thirteen years of being told my real parents didn't want me, so they "adopted" me and Jason. "No wonder why me and Jason's last names are Garcia." She nods her head and says " Your real parents are Maria and Raùl Garica, they currently live in Alto Palo, California. Here's their address if you and/or Jason want to go see them." She hands me a slip of paper with an address on it labeled Garcia's.

She pleas "Please go find out for yourself and if not for you, for Jason. Please Sanitago." "I'll try to Dr. Sherman." I bitterly stated. As I drove home I went to the construction site I knew Jason was working at I figured that he should know what I found out about our "family". As I walked through the site, after being given a hard hat, I wondered how Jason would take the news. Would he react badly or slowly accept it like I did during the drive here (it's a pretty far drive from the doctor's office).

"JASON" a blond haired 5'10 teen turns towards me. "Santi" he brightly says "You caught us at closing and on the dot, too!" I didnt even notice how fast I drove, it normally takes 45 minutes to an hour to get here from the doctor's office. "Yeah, I had found out something important about grimace" Jason started to say his goodbyes, grimace was a word we used as a SSS classification of importance of things.

We speed walked to the car and hurrily entered the car. "What happened at the doctor's,Santiago?" Jason asked, his eyes his full of fear and worry. "You know that feeling we had for the last thirteen years of not belonging" I paused and took a deep breath and laughed dryly "Well, now we know why don't look like anyone inside that house?" I sounded unsure but Jason just got to the meat of the situation "Should we go see them and tell our so called 'famliy'?" "Yes and no." Jay chuckled "Was the answer anything else?" I smirked " Nope, little brother."