Chapter Three: Who the hell is he?

We dropped off the girl named Joey first. I found it rather odd that we didn't drop Dawson off first because he lives outside of town. We come back and we get to our house (well Pacey's house) and I am greeted by his mother and brother.
     "Oh honey, I am so sorry that we could not make it to the funeral. School had started, and your uncle thought it would be a bad idea for the boys to miss any school. I am so glad you are here." With the end of her statement, she embraced me in a warm hug. It was the kind of hug I needed when I was back in Nebraska, but my parents woud never give this hug to me. His brother was the next one to step up to the plate. (Over used I know, but I do not care.) Doug just came up and gave me a hug. I was okay with that though. I have recieved a lot of sympathy in the last couple of weeks, and I really just needed hugs instead of usless words that I will probably forget in two minutes. My uncle, John, walks in and gives me a hug too. I've heard that men aren't really good at showing how sympathetic they are, even if it is their family. He didn't say anything either.
     "You are in your regular room. I don't know how long you will be staying so I only made it up a little. I hope you don't mind." Great. My aunt doesn't even know how long I will be here. I just have to finish off this semester, or even the next one, and then I can go home and be situated in my little town in the middle of cornfield. "That's not an issue. I'm sure I will just make it a mess when I unpack."
     I turned to head to "my room." Man oh man. I wish I could have come here this summer with my brother. This was supposed to be the first summer that he was going to fly with me and me alone. Walking in the hallway brings back so many memories of when me and Pacey were little. Some of the pictures that line the walls have Jude in them. Sometimes I forget how little he was before he had a small growthspurt at four. I must have been staring at a picture for a little longer than normal because Pacey cleared his throat to ask me a question.
     "How long do you think you'll be here?" I could tell he really didn't want to ask, but he must have been sent by my aunt. "Maybe the school year. Maybe the semester. I don't know. I just want to go home. It's not that I don't like it here, it's just, I'd rather be with my parents." I could tell that kind of hurt his feelings, but it's the truth. "Oh yeah," he suddeny remembered, "Dawson is coming by later, and then we were going to go hang out at his parents restaraunt. You can come if you want. We'll give you enough time to settle in." "You're acting like it takes me two hours to get settled into this place. Pace, I basically live here." We both had a good, hearty laugh at that. It felt good to laugh like that. "Okay, yeesh." And then he walked away. Time to get settled in, I thought. Woah, woah, woah, wait a minute...
     He said Dawson was coming over. He was the kid that stared at me right? Oh yeah, he was. Oh goodness, I hope this isn't awkward between us. Whatever, I made up my mind. I am going to hang out with my cousin and his friend, and they will like it.
Getting all of my clothes put away was easy. I had a set routine of how I put things away when I came. Then, as I was sitting, reading a book I brought with me, a knock was placed on my door. "I'm not naked, you can come in," I yelled thinking it was Gretchen or Kelly. Oh boy was I wrong. Dawson and Pacey were staring at me like I had just killed a man. "Is that really how you greet people, Eden?" Dawson said while staring at me. "NO! That's how I greet Gretchen and Kelly. I just yell at Pacey and Doug to leave. I'm sorry. I can usually distinguish knocks better." I rambled. Dawson and Pacey began laughing again. "Anyway, were ready to go when you are." Dawson responded. "I'm always ready." With that, we left the house.
     As we were getting in the car, I couldn't help but feel someone staring at me. I look up from the backseat, and Dawson is staring again. What is it with this boy?