5: With Happiness comes Joy

Twelve days. It took TWELVE DAYS. It feels like an eternity since that day, the day I was corrected. But I'm happy. I'm happy that I was corrected. I don't know why I was scared. Alyssa. Such a funny word. My name.

Tee Hee

I love this place. It's my new home. Ever since my induction I have felt as though I belong for the first time in my life. I'm ecstatic. And I'm only just showing my symptoms! Some laughs, and my smile is just below my nose at the moment. I can't WAIT for it to get to my eyes! Then they'll see how happy I am.

My friends from my previous life, they weren't so lucky. The marmalisation process didn't work on them. They walked off scared and laughing nervously. I was taken deep into the bowels of The Ministry of Joy, and shown the life I could never have, and would always have. My friends... They don't understand, they need more, more MORE. They need to be corrected. We will correct the human race. Sorrow will be eradicated, and we will reign over emotion.

HA HA HA

Maybe I'm missing something...

Like a small detail to piece the jigsaw together.

Wait

Could it be?

No it can't....

Yes it must...

Joy is the answer.
It is always the answers.
Trust in me.
You don't know me.
But you will.
Oh ho you don't know what you're in for!
This is gonna be so FUN!

Sorry, it's starting, FINALLY, I've been waiting long enough. Delirium is extremely common, but my precognition is unique, unlike any we have ever seen before.

Perhaps I was TOO happy?

Surely not?
You can never be too happy, right?

I know.
I overdosed on Joy.
Oooh this will be a RUSH!!

At least our mass correction is still going to plan, it's the first day of June, 2015. 2 years since we opened our doors to our willing subjects. Everything is going perfect.

Nothing will ever stop The Smiler.

HE HE