Chapter 11 ~ The Unexpected News

<ANGEL>
I was stood in the throne room with Eros, Hermes had immediately notified us that Zeus had called a meeting and was asking for our attendance. I also noticed that this included Aphrodite, Ares, Hermes, Apollo, Artemis, Hera, Poseidon, and for the first time, Hades alongside Persephone. I looked at him, he seemed troubled, after a quick look at Eros, who nodded, then I walked over to Hades and placed a hand on his arm.

"Hades, this is the first time I have seen you outside of the underworld," I said "and yet you seemed troubled"

"Angel," he said, his voice no more than a whispered

I looked into his eyes, they were bloodshot, it looked like he had been crying, suddenly and surprisingly, he wrapped his arms around me, trying not to touch me directly, putting his head on my shoulder and cried. I could hear gasps coming from the other gods and goddesses in the room, the king of the underworld was crying, it turned out that no one had ever seen him lose control of his hardened exterior.

"What is wrong, Hades?" I asked

He looked up at me, tears still in his eyes, I carefully wiped his eyes, but before he could say anything, I noticed that the room had gone quiet, and I saw Clotho stood next to us, a hand on his arm, letting me go, I turned to see her sisters stood around, Lachesis was stood next to Eros and Atropos was stood next to another goddess, who in my opinion, look more like a whore than a goddess, especially with the dress she was wearing.

"Fates, is there a reason for your presence," said Zeus

All three sisters nodded at the same time, but it was Clotho who spoke first.

"We are the bearers of bad news, Lord Zeus, I have to regrettably inform you that life of Lady Psyche has ended," she said

"WHAT?" shouted all the gods and goddesses

I felt Hades shift nervously, so he was leaning against me, he seemed to find comfort in that, I looked up at Eros, his eyes were filling up with tears, he was not the only one, suddenly the goddess next to Atropos teleported, then Eros went too, my heart broke a thousand times, knowing that he was upset about this, if he would let me, I will try to comfort him, he needs me.

"It was my fault" whispered Hades suddenly in my ear "I killed her"

I turned around, trying to avoid his hands, he leaned against the wall, before he slid down it, his hand on his knees, his head on his hands, I walked over, placing a hand on his shoulder, causing him to look at me.

"How?" I said softly

"She tripped and grabbed my hands by mistake to steady herself, I killed her with my own hands," he said

I pulled his head on my shoulder, he wrapped his arms around me, again trying to prevent from touching me directly, he cried in my arms, I rubbed his head, trying to comfort him, it was strange that I was currently in the room full of gods and goddesses, and I had a king of the underworld crying in my arms, and not one of them seemed to find it in their hearts to show him some compassion, causing me to stare at them.

"Hades, I am sure that you did not do it on purpose, I am sure that she is going to be at peace," I said

"We had Thanatos guide her to the Elysian Fields, my uncle paid Charon," he said

"The god of death and the ferryman of the underworld," I said, still surprised that I know that, he nodded

"I am sure that one day they will ask me to introduce you, especially Thanatos," I said

"I would love to meet them, Hades"

"Maybe I could also show you the Elysian Fields," he said, I did notice that the more he talked about the underworld, the happier he got