Susan Winehouse. 1983-2011

I would just like to take the opportunity to pay tribute to a dear, dear friend (and influence on my own career) Naomi Winehouse was a soulmate, a bosom buddy if you will. We shared everything, at the height of her career in the 1950s and '60's she was a leading star of the Asian music scene. Sadly in recent years her career faltered somewhat with a little known offering "Black to Back" selling less than my own recently released album. Still, despite her career woes she remained selfless until the end, only last week in the throes of a terrible illness Amanda told me "if I die I'd like everyone in tribute to buy Adrian Pritchard's recently released album, it's available at all good outlets for 14.99 and online. Buy it!" And a week later she was dead! Such a loss! No doubt various family members will attempt to "cash in" with tacky memoirs of her childhood spent skipping among the daisy fields of her native Gujarat but it leaves those of us who really knew her to express our memories. It's a well known fact that I successfully covered a minor hit of hers "No, No No" indeed it features on my recently released album which is currently available. It only remains to say her very last words were not to the troubled ex husband Mitch or her father, bus driver Brent Fielder Civil they were to me-and I shall leave you with them. "Bastard, you utter bastard"