Chapter 5

There was a momentary lapse of silence. I think everyone is just holding on for dear life like I am, the harness is my new best friend.

"Hey, Rom? Hey, what's up man? Talk to me, come on!" Brian said and that's when I noticed that he wasn't with us.

"I can't do it." Roman replied.

"The hell you can't!" Brian and I shouted.

"Come on man! You throw that thing in reverse and you get your ass out here now." Brian told him.

"Look, I can't do it, okay? Listen to what I'm saying." Roman insisted.

"Now isn't the time." I told him.

"I'ma stay up here with the pilot. We gonna circle around and make sure we holding it down from up here." Roman said.

"You're running out of time! The chute is guided by GPS! You don't have to do anything!" Letty argued.

"Tej!" Dom barked out.

"I'm already on it." Tej replied.

"Hey, man, listen. I'm sorry to let y'all down okay? I'ma go ahead and stay up here." Roman said.

"No, brother. I'm sorry to let you down." Tej told him.

"What? What do you mean you're sor. . ." Roman confusedly asked.

Seconds flew by and the ground was getting closer quickly. The white puffiness of the clouds was gone and now we were seeing green and brown.

"Get ready! Ground's coming fast!" I told everyone.

The meter was counting the numbers down quickly and as soon as it was under 1,000 everyone's chutes started to deploy. Now it's time to fly through the sky until we get close enough to release the chutes and . . .

"Yes! Score baby!" I shouted when my wheels hit the ground.

"Car check, call it in." Dom requested.

"Check." Letty said.

"Check." Tej said.

"Touched the ground rolling." I told him.

"I'm good, let's do this." Brian said.

"Hello! Please, man! Get me out of here, somebody! No! The trees!" Roman shouted.

I felt bad when I looked behind me, his car was floating and he didn't release his chute in time so he's stuck. Nothing we can do right now.

"Sit tight, Roman. We'll come back for you." I told him.

"This is not the plan!" he argued.

"Alright, you got one chance to hit them here, Dom and company. You miss, they'll make it to their black site and they'll squeeze whatever information they need out of Ramsey. The device and your chance of ever getting Shaw will be gone for good." Mr. Nobody told us.

"That ain't gonna happen." Dom replied.

"I'll see you at the pickup." the elusive bossman told him.

We drove down the winding road until we found the motorcade. Things are gonna get interesting now.

"Ramsey will be in the bus." I told everyone.

"Then let's do this." Letty replied.

We have a system, hopefully it will work. There were four cars behind the bus; 2 Mercedes Benz S 55's and two Mercedes Benz G-Klasse W463's. They were in line when we first them but as soon as they noticed us they separated into two rows of two with the sedans in front.