- 22 -

a/n : seeing as my school broke up for a couple of weeks off for easter, i decided that my updates may vary as to when and how fast i can write up chapters - so maybe i'll write a chapter every two days again? we'll see ;)

unedited - there may be mistakes within the chapter

By the time the kids returned home, Jett was already eating his fiftieth meal of the day, in the dining room, feeding a now, much more less exhausted Sniper

Immediately after stepping into the warmth of the home, Ayako's phone began to ring, and she had stepped out into the dark night - once more - to answer it, leaving Mito to fuss over the other two boys for staying out so late.

The moon was still up, hanging awkwardly in the sky, reflecting itself off of the kitchen window, when Ayako returned from her call.

"Jett? I need to speak with you." Ayako approached him, leaving Gon and Killua to hurry upstairs into their room. Sniper prowled around the floor, sniffing around, suspiciously for potential prey before giving up, staring up at Jett, expectantly.

"Whaphs ibout bhistime?" The boy asked, munching on a sandwich, tossing a piece over to the waiting cat below.

Ayako rolled her eyes, smacking underneath his chin, lightly, shutting his mouth. "Chew, you fool."

"What's it about this time?" Jett repeated, pouting, now that his sandwich was gone, the remainders of his snack being gobbled up by a greedy Sniper.

"I need you to go and file in as a temporary bodyguard. After all, you don't have a ticket to get into the auction, now do you?"

"Wait, hold up." Jett raised his eyebrows, unamused. "First of all, how do you have a ticket, and second of all, how does the job of a bodyguard correlate to an auction ticket?"

"Well." Ayako smiled, mischievously. "After the exam, I made quite a few allies and connections coincidentally using the alias 'Rain', with people in the underground businesses and that's how I got a ticket."

"Does this relate back to your shady phone call, just now, little miss Rain?"

"I wouldn't say shady...but I got intel that the infamous Nostrade girl needs quite a lot of bodyguards, as of right now." Ayako explained, shaking her head at his teasing tone, sitting down beside him. "Sadly, we missed the interviews, but I have some connections and I'm sure I could secure you a spot in the group."

"Ok, and where does the auction come into this...?"

"That girl, is going to the auction herself. She's a collector of 'body parts' apparently, so of course her father is going to allow her to go, with bodyguards of course."

"Ok, so all I have to do, is to try to secure the job, despite the fact that the interviews are long gone, and then if I get the job, I relax with Sniper whilst I bodyguard a creepy body collector, until I see you again?"