Prologue

They say that you're a heartbreaker. They say that you're a rule breaker. They say that you're a rebel without a cause, a lost soul. But your personal favourite was when they called you a cold, heartless bitch who leaves a trail of broken hearts in her wake.

Yes, you've heard those rumours that circulate in the school about you. You've gotten to a point where you 'don't give a shit' about what they say about you.

You could try to convince them otherwise, all that you want and they still wouldn't believe you. They didn't know that this heartless bad girl persona was all a facade. A shield that you carried, armour that  you wore and a fortress you erected to protect your fragile heart that was broken countless times by stupid jerks.

You didn't know it then but there was one boy who took an interest in you. He wasn't like the others who fancied you mainly because they thought that you'd be a good fuck. No, he was different. He was hidden in the shadows. And that guy was me.

You entranced me, you captured my interest. The day I saw you, I wanted to know more about you. I wanted to go in between the lines and past all the lies and countless rumours about you. I wanted to know the girl behind the myth, the soul behind the cold bitch facade. The girl beyond the heartless heartbreaker act. The girl with a bad reputation.