Chapter 1: Meeting Number 4

This damn mausoleum. I had lost track of time in here. Which happened every time dad put me in here. But this time something was different. It was raining, and it was oddly peaceful (I was still scared, but it wasn't as bad with the rain filling my ears) . I had lost count of how many times he had put me in here, and left me. Sometimes I think he did it just to get me to shut up. Everyone else had learned to shut their mouths, except for Five, but we were both stubborn that way. 'I wonder how everyone else is doing? One good thing about being in here is that I don't have to do normal training.' My leg's were starting to feel stiff so I stood up and leaned against the wall, using my sense of touch to lead me around the room. It was completely dark. So it would be impossible to not trip over something. 'Did dad forget about me in here? I'm so hungry. How many days have I not eaten? ' I thought to myself as I walked around the mausoleum, trying to get some feeling back into my sore legs. 'At this point I don't care if dad punishes me. I'm going to starve to death then it wont matter.' I let my stomach's feeling of hunger rule over my common sense. I knew that when dad caught me trying to get out I would be punished, probably with the shocker again, but I was just so hungry. I had spent a lot of time in this damn place, so I knew that it was pretty old. And that some of the walls were weaker than others. I got on my hands and knees and started pushing on the wall, looking for the weak spot I had found when I tried to get out other times. I jumped out of my skin when I heard a crash, but let out a shaky breath when I recognized the sound of thunder. "Geez, I thought dad had caught me for sure." I said to myself. 'Talking to yourself again?' I nodded "Yep, I'm going insane. I know." I said as I found the spot. "Or maybe I'm finally talking to the ghosts like dad wishes I could." I said before pushing the weakened wood. I could feel drops of the cold rain drip on my arms as I put all my might into pushing the wooden wall. "Come on, I just need enough to squeeze out." I said. 'I wish I was as strong as Luth - Number One right now.' I can't call any of my siblings by their names, or dad with punish me. 'You can't speak, move, or do anything without dads permission or he will punish you. Which is why you should stop trying to get out right now!' Thunder rang through the sky as I was able to push the wooden boards out. It was a small gap, but I knew it was my only hope of getting out of here and finding some food. I pushed my head and shoulders through the gap, and my torso got stuck between the boards, but I dug my hands into the muddy ground and pulled with all the strength I had left. I slipped a few times, and one time my face landed in the mud and I struggled to breath for a few seconds until I could push myself out of the ground again. I got my torso through, and ignored the ripped shirt and cuts on my torso as I pulled my legs and feet through. 'I-I'm out." I said standing up. "Oh God, now what?!" I asked myself as the rain started soaking me. 'RUN!' I shook my head. "No, he will find me. And punish me. I don't wanna - dad will kill me when he catches me." My heart was suddenly beating a lot faster than it was while I was inside the mausoleum, and I didn't think that was possible. The mausoleum was right outside of the house, and the kitchen was right there. But if I went in to eat dad would punish me if he saw me, but I'm so hungry. 'RUUUUN! He hasn't been back in days! Maybe he forgot about you!' I shook my head again. "This is another test, he is watching. I know he is." Another crash of thunder rang through the sky and I knew it was dad. He was coming for me. "No! Don't punish me!" I shouted as I ran away from the house, away from dad, and away from that damn mausoleum. Lightning lit up the sky as I ran into the woods, but it was so dark, I kept tripping over roots and twigs. I felt my ankle twist in an odd direction as I fell to the ground, recognizing the sound of bones cracking. But I knew that dad was after me, and I couldn't stop running now! 'He is right behind me I know it! He is going to kill me! He is so mad. I'm sorry dad please don't punish me dad. Not the shocker dad!'

-Third Person Pov-

A family was driving down the road through the rain. The dad at the steering wheel. He looked over his shoulder to see his two young kids asleep in the back seat. "How far away from the hotel are we?" Him wife asked as she sat up in the passenger seat. "Another hour. It's getting pretty late. You should try to get some sleep." He said patting her shoulder comfortably. "And let you fall asleep at the wheel before out vacation can even begins? No thanks. I'll keep you company." She said with a grin. The husband looked back to the road, the rain and the dark making him focus to make sure he stayed on the road. "Honey, wait! Look over there." His wife said pointing ahead of the road. He followed her finger to see a small figure limping on the side of the road. "Is- is that a kid?" He asked as they got closer. "Oh no, pull over. What the heck is going on?" His wife asked as he drove in front of the kid and pulled over to the side of the road. The husband put on his hazard lights while the wife got out of the car into the rain and walked up to the kid. He was covered in mud and rain, and his shirt was all torn up. He didn't have any shoes on. She took a few steps back when she saw the kid's legs were covered in bruises and cuts, and there was blood on his shirt. "Hey buddy, what happened?" The woman asked, she was a children's therapist so she recognized that the boy was in some sort of shock. She didn't want to scare him or make him run away so she stayed a few feet away from him. The boy didn't say anything, but looked really confused when his eyes finally landed on her. "What is wrong with him?" The husband asked running over in the rain with his kids rain jacket. "Don't get too close, go back to the car and call 9-1-1. He's hurt." The woman said with a whisper. The husband took a long look at the kid and his face took on a horrid look, but did as he was told after his wife took the rain jacket. "Do you want this?" She asked holding out the jacket to the kid. She doubted that the child could even hear her. He had a dazed look in his eyes as his vision landed on the jacket. "I'm- just hungry." The boy whispered, with fear in his eyes.