Chapter 3: Just in time...almost

Luther awoke to someone shaking his shoulder. He sat up from the floor expecting one of his siblings, or his mom. He rubbed the sleep away from his eyes and opened them to see his dad leaning over him instead. The boys heart sank when the man held his hand out for Luther to take. "Come on Number one. You will be sleeping with me for the rest of the night." The boy kept his face straight as he took his dads hand and was pulled out into the hallway. He knew that dad wouldn't like it if he showed any fear or sadness. Most of his siblings doors were shut, except for Klaus's and Vanya's. Hopefully she was all asleep and wouldn't know that dad had come to get him in the middle of the night. But he caught Vanya's eyes peaking out of the door and watching him. He didn't like it when his siblings knew that he was spending the night with dad. He did it the most out of the rest of them. He frowned as Vanya gave him a look of pity. It made him sick thinking that she knew what was about to happen. That anyone knew, and it was a silly thought. Because dad did this with all of them, but they never talked about it. Dad told them to never talk about their 'special time' together with anyone else. Luther followed dad into his bedroom and he shut the door locking it. Luther knew what he wanted him to do, but the boy waited his instructions. "Begin taking off your clothes and get on the edge of the bed for me...it's time you remind me why your my number one." dad said running his hand through his short blonde hair, the skin to skin contact made the hairs on the back of Luther's neck stand as he did as told. "good boy, right number one?" Dad asked. "Yes sir. For you, I'm a good boy." Luther said, trying to not let my voice shake. Never showing weakness, and never disobeying dad. Just like number one should.

-Allison Pov-

I was woken up by someone shaking me and I opened my eyes, ready to snap at one of my brothers until I saw that it was Vanya. The tears in her eyes made me forget my sudden anger as I sat up. "What's wrong?" I asked as I let her under my blanket. "Dad...he took Luther a few minutes ago." She whispered. My breath caught in my throat. "Don't worry. Luther is strong. He will be okay. He always is." I said laying us both down. "But you can sleep with me if it helps." I said, knowing she wanted too. And knowing what was happening to Luther, I didn't want to be alone with my thoughts either.  As we lay under the covers I don't think that either of us slept, holding onto each others hand. I knew that Luther wouldn't be coming back to his bedroom tonight. Whenever dad got us in the middle of the night we never come back. And part of my brain wouldn't let me sleep knowing what was happening to him right now.

-The Next Morning-

-Spencer Pov-

I couldn't help but grin as I walked into the hospital room. Morgan and Four were both asleep on the hospital bed. Morgan was sat in the chair beside it, and was laying across the bed. While Four was sleeping under the covers, one of his hands holding onto Morgan's arm. I nudged Morgan and he slowly sat up, groaning as his back cracked in a few places. "Go onto the couch and sleep until he wakes up." I whispered as he stood up. He agreed, still partly asleep. And as soon as he was on the couch he was asleep again. I took the coffee cups that I had brought and sat them on the table beside the bed and took the chair that Morgan had been sitting in. In the three days that we had been here there were no leads. The team had looked through everything we could think of and there was nothing us leading to the people who did these terrible things. It seemed that this boy would be the only way to get to them. Today was going to be hard, because we were going to have to push him for answers. Part of me knew that it was going to be to help the other kids, but another part of me couldn't think about hurting this boy more than he already was. Making him go back to those places in his mind and re-live it. I heard a knock on the door and turned to see Hotch walking in. He was going to try and to a cognitive interview of Four's escape to see if we could get any information. He sat down beside me and looked over the boy. "So I hear that you and Morgan have become attached." Hotch said giving me a knowing look. I gave Hotch a sad frown. "Yea, we have. I haven't talked about it with Morgan yet but, I can't imagine him doing well in the foster system after everything that has already happened to him...but he has siblings. Morgan and I didn't talk about taking more than two kids, must less seven." I said running my free hand through my hair, the other was being held by Four. "You know - I'm not saying you should or shouldn't do anything - but you and Morgan both have vacation days saved up. And I could put in an application for your sabbaticals." I nodded. It was true that Morgan and I both had a lot of vacation days saved up, and a sabbatical could give us enough time to adjust adopting Four, and the other six siblings he has. "I'm just letting you know. But all of our attention should be on the case right now." Hotch said before excusing himself to get some coffee. I was left alone with my thoughts until I felt Four moving around. He groaned as he turned his face into the pillow, obviously not ready to be awake. I chuckled as I rubbed his back. "Want some breakfast?" I asked him. He nodded and sat up, rubbing his eyes as he looked around the room. His eyes landed on Morgan asleep on the couch and he visibly relaxed. "I'll text Hotch and ask him if he can find something for us or find a nurse to bring us some food." I said getting my phone out. "Who's Hotch?" He asked. I looked up at him in a bit of shock. He tilted his head in confusion and I smiled. "He is another FBI agent." I explained. He nodded and I sat back in my chair. That was the first time I could think of his talking without being prompted to, and without seeming frightened to speak. It was progress, and hopefully it wouldn't all be erased after the cognitive interview coming up.