Chapter 17

Darkness filled Yoongi's vision as he awoke and looked around. He grabbed his phone to check the time and was shocked to discover that he was up before his alarm. His mind, body, and soul were in sync and buzzing with this nervous, yet excited feeling. The rapper sprung out of bed and completed his morning routine in a flurry of silent tornadic energy.

  A need for caffeine took him into the kitchen and start a pot of coffee. As he watched the life-affirming liquid slowly drip, he realized he was literally the first one up. Usually, it was the opposite and he was the absolute last. But not today. He snickered at the irony as he fixed himself a cup of coffee.

  Steaming mug in hand, Yoongi padded through the living room to the balcony door. He stared through the glass while taking a tentative sip. Satisfied with the taste, he slid the glass door open and stepped into the crisp Autumn predawn. The pale man leaned forward, bracing his forearms on the glass and steel railing, and nestled his mug of coffee between his hands.

  He remained still, closing his eyes and just listening. He always enjoyed the quiet solitude of an early morning, where most of the world still slept. Minutes later, he returned his gaze to the sleeping city spread below, casually observing as it awoke. It also seemed as though the apartment behind him was waking up as well, since he heard some noises come through the open door.

"Yoongi? You're up awfully early."

He turned towards the sleep roughened voice and noticed his roomate slouched against the frame. Clad in silky Koya pajamas and a mug of his own clutched between his fingers, Jin's hair stuck out in all directions and there was a crease on his right cheek. Yoongi laughed internally at the sight of a rumpled Mr. Worldwide Handsome. Jin squinted his swollen eyes, studying the man before him.

"Or is it that you haven't slept yet?"

"Good morning to you too, hyung. I woke up about an hour ago."

"Oh."

Jin shuffled over to stand next to Yoongi. He was silent as he took in the scenery around them. After a few more sips from his coffee, he felt awake enough to conversate.

"So, what are your plans after work today?"

"I'm going to Daegu."

"Ah, so that's what got you out of your prized bed. Excited to see your family, I assume."

Suga shrugged and hummed, neither denying nor confirming. He would let Jin think what he wanted.

"Jimin's coming with me too. Just so you know."

"Is he? I'm surprised he isn't going with the other maknaes."

"Yeah, he wasn't feeling it. He was actually going to just stay home and do nothing. I didn't think it was a good idea for him to be alone, so I invited him."

  The lie rolled easily off his tongue.

"Hmm. I would have to agree. Especially with whatever he's going through right now."

  Yoongi just hummed in response. Jin set his mug down and turned to face him, leaning his hip against the rail and crossing his arms.

"You're very good to the boys, you know. You always try to help or take care of them in your own way."

"Thanks, hyung. The way I see it, we're all chasing this dream together, right? Isn't it what we practically kill ourselves for everyday? So, why wouldn't I? But, I may have an ulterior motive or two, since I want Bangtan to succeed. Can't do that if the others are struggling and falling behind. You know, like that expression, United we stand, Divided we fall."