๑ Prologue ๑

════════ஓ๑♡๑ஓ════════
Prologue Start
════════ஓ๑♡๑ஓ════════

Levi walked around the aisles of Walmart, his ripped jeans almost too big to fit him. His pockets were huge, just like the bags under his eyes. His tired eyes made many people forget that he was twelve.

He could hear Isabel and Farlan arguing a few aisles away. He smiled to himself before coming across the last bag of bagels. He stared at it for a moment. He reached his hand out and attempted to stuff it into his oversized pockets. He called Isabel and Farlan and told them that they were leaving.

The three of them walked slowly to the exit before being stopped.

"Your receipt," said a security guard.

"We didn't buy anything," Isabel lied.

The security guard rolled his eye before pointing to the bag of bagels sticking out of Levi's pocket.

"So what's that?" he asked.

The three preteens paused. They were caught. They have never been caught before, and didn't know what to do. Farlan opened his mouth to speak, but no words came out. Luckily, someone else spoke for him.

"You guys really left without me!" cried a young, feminine voice from behind the trio.

They all turned to see a young brunette, maybe around their age, approaching them. Her glasses sat on her nose crookedly, as if they were too big for her face. Her hair was down, and when someone said her hair hair was long, they meant it.

She wore a green shirt with the image of a gaming controller printed on the front. Her denim shorts slightly passed her knees.

"Hello, Officer!" the girl smiled and pulled out her receipt.

There was an array of items that the girl bought. Rubbing alcohol, cough medicine, pencils, copying paper... Raisin cinnamon bagels.

She smiled, grabbing Levi's arm. She needed to pretend to know them for the time being. 

Levi had to stop himself from pulling his arm away from her. He could tell what she was doing. She was helping.

The security guard looked them up and down one more time before letting them leave.

"Just get home safe," he told them, "It's getting late."

The four of them walked out of Walmart silently. They all stood outside, the wind lightly blowing through their hair.

"So where are your parent-"

"Why did you help us?" Levi interrupted the brunette.

She looked at him for a second. He could see his reflection in her round glasses... Or maybe her eyes? He couldn't tell.

"Well," the girl started, "I did it because I thought that maybe if I helped then you wouldn't do it again. Plus, I didn't mind helping. You're just lucky that I had also bought bagels."

He narrowed his eyes.

"Luck doesn't exist," Levi said.

The girl looked shocked and even almost heartbroken.