ch. sixteen

welcome class

beep beep beep beep

"god damn, shut the fuck up." the ginger groaned, hitting the alarm clock as it fell to the ground and the boy buried himself back under the covers.

he then heard his door open, as the nurse came in and smiled at him. shane couldn't help but smile back, knowing how grateful he was for these few people that tended to him everyday. she sent everything up, as shane found himself getting up from the bed and sitting down on the chair that she usually checks him at. 

"so how's school going, shane." nurse hailey asked, as she set him up the iv to get his treatment though his body. "you seem to really be enjoying it."

"eh, its got its perks. college is great in some ways, but most of the time, i wish i never got accepted." shane laughed, as he watched the iv pump antibiotics into his body. 

"you're one smart cookie, shane yaw. you deserve to be there." nurse hailey smiled, as she then set shane up to the bronchodilators, as she then stuck it in shane's mouth, as he inhaled all the medication. 

shane tapped his fingers on the arm rests, as he closed his eyes and waited until hailey took out the iv and patched up his arm with also taking out the bronchodilator. she smiled over at shane, before then waving goodbye at him and closing the door behind her. shane took back up, walking over to his medicine station, and swallowing down all the drugs that he needed. 

the ginger then went over to his laptop, clicking on his music playlist, and let the music ring through his room. he smiled, walking over to his closet and taking out a good outfit for the day. he threw on his favorite over-sized navy blue sweatshirt and rolled up blue jeans with his perfectly white shoes. he then walked over to the bathroom, turning on the light swiftly. 

shane stood in front of the glass mirror, as he got a good look of himself. he merely brushed out his hair and styled it slightly, before being content with how it looked. he grabbed his toothbrush, cleaning his teeth quickly before then looking at the mirror again with a smile. the only thing he didn't like was his slightly tired eyes, but he moved on. 

he then walked over to his nightstand, grabbing his portable oxygen concentrator and putting it into his backpack. shane always packed it in case of an emergency, though, as long as he stayed in a low altitude area, he'd be perfectly fine. soon, shane's phone went off as he smiled, seeing farlan's name pop up. 

farlan: hey lovely! i'm here, and i brought you some coffee.

shane chuckled, as he threw his backpack over his shoulders, and walking out his room with his mask on. he waved to everyone, saying good morning to all in sight. finally, his doctor came into sight, miss avery. she smiled at him, ruffling his hair, she was almost like a mother to shane, the mother he never had obviously.

"hey! don't forget your therapy is at four today so please be on time!" she yelled out, as shane gave her a thumb's up before walking out the ward's entrance. he saw farlan parked right outside, as he opened the door and got inside. farlan sent a small smile at him, and handed him his coffee. 

"can you believe we're fucking sophomores in college? time goes by faster and faster when your older doesn't it?" farlan spoke, as shane agreed almost instantly, as he enjoyed his cup of coffee. 

it was actually hard for shane to believe he even live this far on to see his college years. he never thought that he push through it all, but he did, and here he was. there was so much that had changed since shane was diagnosed all the way to the present day. shane was a nineteen year old guy, and he was trying out new treatments for CF patients. he had a bigger opportunity to live. 

soon, farlan pulled up to the university as the two walked, and you could tell who the freshman were almost immediately. farlan and shane made their way down to their first class, which was student council, and where all his friends would hang out before class. today was the day that they'd go into every freshman class, and talk about the school. 

"oh, mister president, let me suck your dick." garrett moaned out with a laugh, as shane rolled his eyes, as garrett walked closer to him before getting up to his ear. "kidding, i'll leave that up to farlan."  

"oh, shut up garrett. andrew control him, please." shane whined, as garrett laughed once again, and went to go sit by andrew and farlan. "so, are you all prepared?"

"nope."

"why would we be?"

"pft, who the hell do you think we are?"

an three hours later...

the four boys then walked into their final class of the day, as they were mentally exhausted from saying the same thing over and over again. though, they put on their smiles and knocked on the door before opening it. the teacher smiled at the four, waving them over to the front of the class as shane stood in front of the podium. 

"hello there, freshman class of Hudson State University (obviously made up)! i'm your underclass student council president, shane yaw. it's nice to meet you all, and i'm glad to see you all here." shane beamed, as he then pointed out out the other three boys. "now, i'll let these three introduce themselves."

"hey class! i'm your fellow vice president of the underclass, farlan gray. it's nice to see new fresh faces here, i expect big things from this class." farlan smiled, his hands behind his back as he nodded towards garrett.

"hey peeps! i'm the treasurer, still don't know how, but i made it!" garrett beamed, as the freshmen chuckled to themselves. "but yeah, if any of you like harry potter, i have a cl-"

"what's good? i'm andrew, the historian. basically, i take your pictures and yeah, that's it." andrew smiled, as he nudged garrett in the shoulder to quiet him. 

"now, that you met our current student council, we're looking for new members since our underclassmen from last year are now upperclassmen." shane smiled, as was then about to speak again, but the door bursted open and a panicked kid came in through the door. 

"sorry! i couldn't find the class again, i went to the wrong wing." he blurted out, as he took his seat and the teacher just looked at him before kindly nodding. 

shane looked at the boy again in the state that he was. he was trying to still calm himself down, as he let his hand run through his dark brown hair. he kept his head down, which made shane frown slightly to himself, but ended up pushing it away as he had a presentation to go through with. 

"like i was saying, we're looking for a new secretary and communications director. we're hoping the freshman this year will step up like we did just one year ago." shane smiled, as the class started to whisper and nod towards their president. "anyways, have a great year freshmen!"

those finally words made the late boy look back up at the four in front of him. the voice so familiar to his ears, but he couldn't put his finger on it. he then saw the president walking by, as he got a look at his face while he was saying goodbye to the teacher. 

those same green eyes

the same ginger hair

the same soft lips with the same structure

the same long eyelashes

the same beautiful face...

it had to be him. 

though, his train of thoughts were stopped when a hand was slammed against his desk. he looked up to see the dark blonde that stood with the council. he had an evil glare on his face, as he looked down at the boy's folder and leaning closer into him, as he only wanted the boy to hear him. 

"listen...ryland or whatever the fuck your name is, you may be a freshman but i'll fuck you up if you ever come near shane. don't ever look at him like that again." farlan growled, as he then put on a fake smile, and beamed happily. "have a good day!"

yeah right, ryland had waited for the past twelve years to finally get this chance. 

he wasn't going to just let it fly away.

___

shit shit shit shit