P R O L O G U E

Life is like a dance, in the beginning of it all; there is nothing

Life is like a dance, in the beginning of it all; there is nothing. Though as you move, motion and spin, you age, grow and achieve. With each step, you become stronger until you are the epitome of all that is beautiful, if only you could see it yourself. That moment, the height of all your happiness shatters like a mirror, preserved for decades. For, even the best dancers have to fall, the dance of life has its limitations.

Daria Hernández met her inevitable fall on December twenty fourth 1856. It was the year of the Battle of Seattle, the year that Georgia became the first state to regulate railroads and the year that Daria gained and lost it all.

On January third 1856, Santiago Hernández announced the engagement of his beloved eighteen year old daughter to her childhood best friend, Alejandro Lopez. On February fourteenth of the same year, the two were joined in holy matrimony amongst the happy townsfolk. And on November twentieth, Daria Hernández - Lopez birthed a beautiful baby boy, Nicolas Lopez.

Daria had It all, by aged nineteen, the perfect life she had read about and the beautiful dreams she'd scribbled in her diary were all a reality. Christmas time was to be spent with family, within the glorious Lopez manor.

Though with all things, it could not last forever, the year she gained her fairytale life was the year she lost it. In 1856, at ten minutes until Christmas day, the manor house burnt to the ground from a careless maid with matches in the cellar.

It was a metaphor for the losing of it all. Flames licked and melted her flesh, naïve to the screams of pain and horror as it took its sweet time in destroying Alejandro and his wife and child.

Daria could never have predicted that as her lips breathed in a final piercing and suffocating breath, it would not be her last.

The world worked in magical and mythical ways, and it had concluded that it was not sweet Daria's time.

Daria Hernández awoke amongst rubble and dense, unbreathable air, to a new life where her beautiful tanned, human body would be preserved for eternity.

Daria was not a cold one... She was a human... The unburnt human...