Introduction

In order to get some bread, I slipped my fingers through the table. My mother couldn't stop watching me eat, again.
"Mom, Is something bothering you?" I asked while wondering if anything was wrong.
"No honey, just some problems your father has been dealing with, but a princess should not worry about that" answered my mom while looking right straight into the tea.

I took a gaze to the garden surrounding us, everything was perfect in here, away from the people, from everyone. Trillion of different kinds of flowers filled the garden, a thousand types of butterfly were flying and a few bees kept coming.
"We are going to be expecting new flowers the next week, they told me the flowers come from a gift from 'The house of the Bachelors'"
"Aren't they the ones who are claiming the throne?" I said while taking a little sip of tea.
Mom changed her expression as fast as I mentioned the throne. She looked preoccupied.
"Who told you that?" Said mom in a low tone of voice.
"No one, I heard the maids speaking some days ago. Some extremists in the streets are saying that the rightful heir to the throne is 'The house of the Bachelors'" I answered trying to whisper.
Mom looked surprised, then as always, she leaved her tea and walked away.
Before shooting the door I asked "Is it always going to be like this?"
She stoped, and continued walking like if it was nothing.

My room and the garden are all I know. Mom and I always take tea in the afternoon, out of that I never see her around. The person I call father, is a complete stranger to me.
The only real people I have seen are the maids, and the ones inside my books. I tell myself that if I keep my head busy, then I won't go mad. Only innocent lies I tell myself.
As the sun went down I took one more sip of now, cold tea. When the darkness covered the sky I went to bed. Before sleeping I whispered out loud the things that I hope to do when I go out of this castle. Finally my eyes closed and I felt asleep.
.........................  0  .........................................................o  ....................................................
Boisterous steps woke me up, without warning, they mean not a good omen. When I opened my eyes something glowing in the window catches my sight. The sent of smoke slowly filled my room, making my lungs feel extremely heavy.
"The Princess!! Someone has to go for the Princess!" Someone screamed.
Ignoring the screams, I walked straight forward to the crystal doors leading to the garden. Tears started to fill my eyes, the only good thing I knew in life was this garden. I remembered all the times I took care of it, and now, the flames were devouring my flowers like animals.
Before I could give any step, a maid grabbed my arm and without asking she pulled me out of the room in my nightgown.
"I found her!!" She yelled.
"What's happening?" I asked getting nervous.
"Your mother told us to put you in a safe place, and its my job to put you safe. Now, follow me!!" She screamed with determination in her eyes.
A normal maid, who never talked to me. Is willing to give her life, to save mine?
We ran through the garden as fast as we could, my mind is blurry about what happened next. All I knew, was that I had to follow her, while watching a firestorm consume my home. I realized that night, that was the last time I would ever see my home again.