13

I can't blame Julian. Even I am not feeling the same about myself. I tried my best to not show it, as I didn't want to offend anyone, but so much happened in a few hours.

I was attacked by a zombie, found out that I have a mate and that too a vampire, punched a zombie in the face (that was not a bad experience), found out that my family is a werewolf family but I am not a wolf and my own twin sister hates me. Perfect, just perfect.

I suddenly feel so exhausted.

Julian noticed it and suggested that I should take a rest after dinner.

Now here I am, lying in the black bed of the black room consumed in my own black thoughts.

Even after such an eventful day, I am unable to sleep.

I keep changing sides in bed when heard a knock on the door. I totally have no idea how, but I knew it was him.

"Come in, Julian."

"You are unable to sleep," he said while closing the door behind him.

"How do you know?" I asked wondering if this is also some vampire power.

"I am your mate."

"Oh, that explain things."

"And I also know that there are plenty of other things you want an explanation for. I am here if you need to ask something."

"You don't need to sleep?"

"I won't be able to rest knowing your mind is not at peace."

"If you say." I am so happy. So happy to know that Julian is worried about me."Sit." I said pointing towards the other side of the bed but he hesitated. Does sitting on the same bed bothers him? "We can go to the living room if you prefer that," I suggested, not wanting to make things awkward between us.

"I actually wanted to take you somewhere else, if you want to go."

"Sure, let's go. But do I need to change? I mean I am in pajamas.....". And by pajamas I mean a large white shirt Julian gave me. It was a new one as Julian didn't want to 'disrespect' me by providing me his old clothes.

"It won't be necessary. We are just going to the rooftop."

"Ok." With this simple approval, I started following him toward the rooftop.

-----------------
On roof,
-----------------

"Beautiful." I couldn't stop myself from praising the beautiful view in front of me.

We are at the top of the Black house and apparently, this whole 25-floor building belongs to them. But this was not the gorgeous thing I appreciated before. It was a beautiful sunrise.

"This is my first sunrise ever. I am just a lazy person you see, so getting so early in the morning only to see the sun rising and that too alone, was never a tempting option." I admitted.

"You can call me whenever you want to see the sunrise."

"Call." That means we need to be separated. That's sad.

"Or you can stay here if you want. I will actually prefer it. I just thought you would like to spend some time with your siblings before you move in with me."

Move in with him. Move in with Julian. "Well..."

"I am fine with whatever you seem fit. I have wait long for you, I can wait some more time."

"I need to know how long have I kept you waiting in order to properly apologie."

"You never need to apologize to me about anything."

"That was so cheesy."

"But you liked it."

"I can't fully deny that."

"And if you are still curious, I am 423 years old."

"What?"

"Yes, and mostly everyone finds their mates in the first century of their existence. I had my hopes up till the end of the second century but after that...... I sincerely apologize for stop waiting for you."

"No. Don't. It was not your fault. I am the one who is actually late." I laughed a little at my own stupid joke.
"And even when I am here, I am not appropriate for you. Don't give me that look, I know I am right. Vampires have vampire mates, not someone like me who is neither a human nor a wolf." Even this mere thought gave me chills. I have never seen myself lower than someone but I think I am not good enough for Julian. Who am I keep him waiting for so long?

"You are perfect the way you are. I will never change a single thing about you."

"But you barely know me."

"I know you enough to make my judgment. The events yesterday has disclosed so many traits of your personality, one more beautiful than previous. However, you are correct. We still need to go a long way ahead and I am proud to have a partner such as yourself."

"You totally know how to flirt. Years of experience is coming in handy, right?"

He laughed at this. "Never have I even thought about a female, till yesterday."

Yesterday.

So much happened yesterday. And many of which I can't even understand. But one thing for sure that yesterday has changed my whole life.