4 ~ Make ups (Zane part four)

"For someone who's never fought before, you fight really well," Cole praised, wiping the sweat off his forehead.

"I assume it is instinct," Zane shrugged it off. "But thank you nonetheless. You are also good in combat, however."

The two soon to be ninja had been training in the training room. Cole said he would go easy on Zane, seeing as he never had fought before, but the black clad boy was surprised to find that the new student was surprisingly well at this.

"Hah, thank you," Cole turned away to hide his slight blush. "So, uh, that should be enough training for today. We've been at it for a while."

"Indeed. Perhaps we can check on Jay?" Zane suggested, tilting his head inquisitivly. The last he had seen Jay, he sounded pretty angry. Hopefully he had calmed down by now.

Cole turned back to face Zane. "Yeah, we can do that." He did want to apoligize to Jay. They couldn't be arguing when the new student arrived.

Cole led the way out of the room, Zane following behind. They looked outside first, seeing as Jay had left originally to train outside by himself.

I'm the end, they couldn't find the child in the courtyard outside.

~·~

Jay had stopped training a while ago. He was sitting in the shared room, looking at the photo he had of his family. It had just been him, his mom, and his dad. They had been so close. His parents, Ed and Edna, owned a junkyard. He grew up there, learning from his parents. He wanted to become an inventor when he grew up. He still does! But now he has this entire ninja future ahead of him.

Master Wu had found Jay testing his newest invention atop one of the taller buildings in Ninjago. He wouldn't dare using the tallest building, so this would do. When the old man offered Jay a chance at saving the world, of course Jay accepted. He hadn't thought things through.

Now Jay wasn't sure if he wanted this. He told his parents the news, and they sounded delighted. But he wasn't all that excited. He was scared. He missed his parents, he missed the junkyard.

When Jay had met Cole, he was so happy to have a new friend. Things were looking up, and Jay was glad. It was when Zane showed up that Cole began to trail after him. It was when Zane showed up that Jay lost his best friend. Now he wanted to go home.

There was a knock at the door. Sighing, Jay climbed out of bed and cracked open the door to see Cole standing there. Where was Zane?

"Hey Jay, can we talk?" Cole asked. With a grumble, the freckled boy opened the door wider so Cole could enter. The soon to be ninja closed the door behind himself.

Jay walked back to his bed and sat down, leaning against the wall. Cole took a seat next to him.

After a few minutes of silence, Cole spoke. "I wanted to say sorry. I know that you're mad at me for clinging to Zane, and I don't expect you to say it's okay or anything." He stopped there, looking at his crossed legs.

Jay stayed silent for a while. Why was he even upset. He should be happy Cole found someone he likes. But... he couldn't help it. Cole had so quickly left. Did he really not matter to him that much? "I guess I wanted to know if you really cared about our friendship," Jay admitted, fidgeting with the blankets. "You left so quickly..."

"And I'm sorry I did that," Cole frowned, finally looking over at his best friend. "I should have been a better friend. I won't do it again, I'll try my best. Because that's what a leader does."

Jay met Cole's gaze. A small smile tugged at his lips. "This is so cheesy," Jay joked, earning a chuckle from Cole. "Yeah, I forgive you boulder brains. Just don't do it again, kapeesh?"

"Hah, yeah Dude," Cole returned the smile. "Now let's go before Sensei Wu yells at us."

"Sensei Wu is back!?" Jay gasped.

"Heck yeah! Zane said he saw some people climbing the steps. C'mon," Cole jumped off the bed, followed by Jay, and they both left the room. As they made their way to the courtyard, they were greeted by their sensei, Zane, and a stranger. He wore a red and black shirt, red was probably his assigned color, and ripped blue jeans, along with some sport shoes. His brown hair was spiked up, almost resembling a chocolate ice cream cone, and his skin was tan.

"I'd like everyone to meet Kai Smith. He is our newest student, and he shall be joining our team," Sensei Wu announced.

"Hey," Cole smiled. Zane also greeted the new student, shaking his hand politely.

Jay stared at the new student in awe. He could feel his face heating up and he quickly tried to hide it as the new student, Kai, looked in his direction.

"Sup'?" The spiky haired boy asked, smirking. The smirk never left his face.

"H-hi," Jay stuttered, smiling like a goof. This caused Cole to hold back a fit of laughter. This was going to be a great team, Cole could already tell.

"There is also news, students," Wu announced. "Kai has a sister, Nya Smith, and she needs our help."

This chapter is a little shorter than usual, but I wanted to give you all an update. The chapters will be coming out slowly but surely. There's no real schedule for this, but I try to post whenever I feel motivated enough to actually write. Thanks for reading! More is on the way. :3