WHO IS BILLY BATSON

" This is BILLY BATSON reporting LIVE from the city of brotherly love! "

BILLY BATSON's life was a TRAGEDY from the start, even if it hadn't SEEMED that way from the beginning.

Born in Philadelphia to Merrill and Jocelyn Batson, he was brought into this world with all that two parents could offer: love. Though at six months old, his parents were killed in a devastating car crash. This left Billy in the FEEBLE care of his foster uncle, Ebenezer Batson.

His uncle was cruel, abuse, traits you wouldn't expect a family member to have, but Ebenezer WAS the unexpected. When Billy was brought into his care, Ebenezer took hold of Billy's late father's will, including all the money and bonds that came with it. After experiencing his first time being neglected by a loved one, Billy began to believe he had to live alone. After deserting his uncle, he started to earn his own income by selling newspapers on the streets.

But these Philly streets were rough, especially for a young kid such as Billy.

As he continued to live on the outside, he began to tame the streets: finding the best spots in the subway to sleep in, eating fresh hot food that was awarded to him by sympathetic couples passing by, and learning which adults were there to groom or help him. The later being an elderly man named Tawky Tawny who would later become the path to his salvation.

Living on the streets for only a quarter of a month, Billy was soon discovered by a representative from a goverment-run orphanage. They took Billy in several times, only for him to evade every family that ever tried to adopt him.

Billy's post, the same place where he sold papers and lived was by the subway station. It was dirty, of course, being downtown and all, but it was the warmest place for him to stay.

Before the subway, he did have a small room in a dilapidated house, but he couldn't stand the man who bullied him in order to ask for 'rent'.

This is exactly why Billy did everything on his own; ALONE.

Adults weren't always the cause of his independency. Even kids his age, especially at the orphanage were quick to ridicule him. So for Billy, he thought this life was the best and ONLY option.

After a few months in the streets, Billy befriended one of the first adults that had ever been genuinely kind to him, a fellow homeless man named Tawky Tawny. He took care of Billy in the way a father should: offering him advice, good vacant places to sleep, and general friendship.

Tawky looked out for the kid, and Billy did the same in return. Billy's faith in kindness was returning and he began to grow as a sweeter and nicer kid with a GOOD soul even if his situation wasn't so great at the moment.

This next part of his story goes as follows:

One day, as Billy sold his papers, he scored the opportunity of a lifetime. He was confronted by some mysterious men who talked about Dr. Sivana, a mad scientist from that day's headlines who threatened to unleash his terrible wrath upon Philly. Assuming these men were Sivana's henchmen, he followed them about the city, blending in as a regular kid and discovered their hide out. Calling in the local news station, WHIZ Media; Billy reported his story and got Sivana and his men caught, earning himself a long time ARCH nemesis.

Along the way, Billy discovered his friend Tawky Tawny was actually a shapeshifter. He also found his long lost twin sister Mary Batson, who was separated from him at birth, and befriended another local paper boy Freddy Freemen, superhero enthusiast.

After catching Sivana in the act, WHIZ Media hired Billy as a full time newscaster WITH benefits! For ONCE in his life, with friends, family, and a BRIGHT career ahead, Billy Batson could finally get a break.

[AUTHOR'S NOTE: As of right now, most of his origin is inspired by the canon in place from Earth-S, but his portrayal is completely flexible depending on which universe certain anons come from]

[CON'T: For the sake of DCEU anons, please replace the WHIZ Media information with meeting the Vasquez family instead]