Chapter 9: Phoenix

-Day after-

Yeosang walked around to get fresh air. His hands are always in his pockets and always listening to his and Seonghwa's music.

Since it was lightly raining he decided to head to Seonghwa's apartment.

-apartment-

He had keys to his apartment if an emergency happened. But now that he is gone, he opened whenever just to see his own photos.

"I know you won't be able to hear me... But these past couple of days is so struggling without you."

He said looking down at Seonghwa's photo.

That one time they were at a cafe. Ordering iced coffee. Seonghwa asked Yeosang if he can take a picture. So he did.

"I miss you so much... Why does life have to be this way?"

-out of apartment-

Yeosang then noticed it was lightly pouring but not a lot. I should see the Phoenix

He walked to the woods to see the temple. Which rarely people go anymore. He followed the lightly faded stone path.

He noticed a few animals in the woods while walking. He only saw birds but he caught a squirrel and a bunny.

A small sunlight shined on him when he realized where he was. The temple of the Phoenix.

He took a small gulp as he took off his hood. He left his hands out of his pocket.

Slowly he sat on his knees, feet behind him, hands in front touching together as if he were praying.

"Dear Phoenix... I am in such struggles after an incident on October 24th. I am still heartbroken on this day."

"I hear you young sir" Yeosang opened his eyes and saw the Phoenix in front of him. The wings with gold and bright fire, eyes calm and understood.

"May I ask why you are heartbroken?"

"My lover Park Seonghwa, died on the day of our anniversary. Yet he saved me because he didn't want me to be in death, his last words still leave me with struggles and I just sometimes I wish that I was the one to be in death instead of him"

"I see your aura. I understand that you have been distant lately. I also see that you have peace and kindness in your life... I grant you a power of mine."

"For what?"

"To incarnate to a Phoenix to resurrect him... But there is an exchange"

"May I ask what the exchange is?"

"When bringing him here, I will speak. Please bring him back here and I will tell you the exchange but you must hurry before time runs out which is the sun"

"I will do as you order"

-Outside-

Yeosang flew out of the temple into the sky to see any beaches which a big cliff.

He has limited time so he has to be quick.  Looking at the cliffs, he found one.

Flying as fast as he can he had to reach water. You have water protection you must hurry

He flew down in the deep cold water. He heard a splash looking up, seeing the gray sky.

He doesn't have time, he sees some blue sky and it will soon be purple and black if he just continues to look up.

Swimming down and down he reached the Sandy floor. Dust.

He sees something glow in the car but couldn't tell sense the car had sand and dust covering the windows and hood and roof.

Opening the door, big wave of dust. Then... Seeing the glowing figure was a soul.

He saw the white bracelet that he gave to Seonghwa. He has to hurry. Touching the hand with the wing was a success.  The hand hanging on needing help.

Flying out carrying the soul back to the sky, to the woods, then to the temple.

"Now what must I do?"

"Is there anything that is related to the person?"

"The only thing we both have is the yin yang bracelet... Does this count?"

"Yes, the brackets must connect to make a shining bond... But the exchange..."

"What is it about?"

"You will have to exchange your life to being Seonghwa resurrected"

"Is this my decision?"

"He either stays dead forever or you being him back to life with the bracelet bond"

"May I be in my human form for a second?"

"Yes, but the power is now lost"

Yeosang was now a human. Seeing Seonghwa's face. His soft skin, his closed eyes, and his soft pink lips.

"I love you too"

Was the last words he had said as a human