12. Beautiful Soul

Beautiful Soul

I don’t want another pretty face

I don’t want just anyone to hold

I don’t want my love to go to waste

I want you and your beautiful soul

You’re the one I wanna chase

You’re the one I wanna hold

I won’t let another minute go to waste

I want you and your beautiful soul

- Jesse McCartney

From the moment I opened my eyes early this morning, I haven’t really moved much. Why? Well, Tiffany and I are in sort of a bit of a…compromising position.

I am simply lying on my side of the bed while she is slightly lying on top of me. Her legs are tangled with mine; her head lies to the side of my chest where I can feel my heart thumping quite rapidly, and each of her hands are holding onto each of my sides.

I can feel her, I can smell her, I can hear her, and most importantly, I can touch her. I notice she’s a pretty deep sleeper. I’ve been lightly stroking her hair and arms and she hasn’t moved an inch.

I snicker to myself as I start to poke her in different places.

Shoulder? Poke

Arm? Poke

Forehead? Poke

Head? Poke

Nose? Poke

Stomach? Poke

Butt…? DEFINITELY POKE

Hahaha, I love it when she’s asleep!

I decide to not bother her anymore in case she wakes up. I carefully stretch my hand towards the bedside table and grab my phone. I unlock and see like a dozen messages. I decide to ignore them for now and check what’s up in this world.

I also decide to check on the celebrity news to see if anything breaking happened over night, like some couple announced they’re dating or someone proposed or whatever.

My jaw drops when I see my face as well as Tiffany’s on the front page.

I quickly click on the article and read its contents. My jaw continues to drop and my eyeballs continue to break free from my eye sockets.

When I am finished reading, I lock my phone and put it away.

Breathe in and out. Don’t forget to breathe, Taeyeon.

I look down at the still soundly sleeping girl and scrutinize her for a while.

I then try to put her entire life together in my mind and digest all the new information I was given.

Her name is Tiffany Hwang. She’s 25, graduate of Princeton University, and an English high school teacher.

Her father is Hwang Soo Man, and although I haven’t met him yet, I have heard his name a few times. What I can remember is that he is filthy rich and is a genius at making ordinary people into extraordinary stars.

 But I have to admit, I am the only true best star in this world.

Her mother is a brilliant psychologist. That explains Tiffany’s weird, creepy, but true observations and analyses of me.

Her ex-husband is Jason Choi, the current CEO of Crown Entertainment which explains why Tiffany said he was “interested” in me.

She has two twins, Elliot and Stephanie, whom I already met and believe they are out to get me because they see with me their mother.