The clothing

(Song : Love someone by Lucas Graham)

  |Makes me cry every time|

Chenry

Word Count :

1580

"Henry! I'm home!"

"Hey Char"

Henry listened to his wife's movement from downstairs. He needed to indicate whatever extreme emotion Charlotte was feeling that day. Lately she'd been rather vague and it was beginning to be challenging for him. The night before she had been angry and accused Henry of being insensitive, considering the fact that he said that she was overeacting. In his defence she had been overly complaining about one of her colleagues misspelling a single word in an email they had to send to their employer.

For the past few weeks, Charlotte was having troubling mood swings and Henry realised he had to be careful to choose his words. Observing her actions and her movement would at least give him a few hints.

From the the high pitch in her voice and the sound of her bare feet hurrying up the stairs, he could tell that she was in a great mood. The door flung open and a very breathless, disheveled and happy woman burst into his office.

"Henry I have a lot of good news!" Charlotte yelled. Henry took it as a task to look away from his computer and turn his focus to his lover.

"Let me guess...
You finally got that promotion!" Henry stood from his seat like a fireworks display on July 4th. The rhythm of his heartbeat quickened as her sneaky grin widened.

"Yes yes I did!!!" She said nodding her head and tapping her toes on the floor with a gleeful expression. She let out a squeal while Henry rushed to her and caught her in his hands as his muscular arms tightened themselves around her slim figure. He pecked her cheek three times with pride very before he said; " I am so proud of you honey, congratulations!!!"
Charlotte laid her lady like hands on his broad chest, Henry lifted her feet of the wooden floor and spun around once before setting her back down.

"The best part is that, that's not all! I'll be right back" Charlotte unwantedly let go of Henry and skitted across the room faster than light. Henry decided to settle himself by sitting on the leather sofa behind him.

He chuckled, realising the smirk on his face refused to leave him. That was just the thrilling effect Charlotte had on him always on him. There was no best selling author award in California or hero's honour statue in New York that could change that. He knew that moving from Swellview to Portland was hard for her to collect all at once, afterall she had lived there for almost her entire life. But for some reason when he broke the news to her, Charlotte didn't hesitate to come along with him. They had been living there for six months and Charlotte was already on a roll.

The moment after they had arrived she had already set out to find work. Yes, her husband did have a wealth binding net-worth thanks to his hard work, but Charlotte refused to let her four years of Oxford University go to waste. And because of her outstanding résumé and impeccable skills she was hired to work, at first, as a simple laboratory assistant. People first thought she was utterly insane to think she would get the new position, they unfortunately did not know Charlotte was a complete genius; would now be a Cannabis Testing Scientist.