xviii. STORM

( november 4 )

( november 4 )

jacqueline waited outside of the academy, she still had hope that nick would find her and apologize for choosing her cousin over her. she heard the doors open and her blue-green eyes flickered up. much to her surprise, it was prudence instead of nicholas.

"oh." jackie frowned before looking down at her boots. prudence raised an eyebrow as she approached the witch.
"oh? were you expecting nick?" prudence questioned, now standing in front of jackie.

"i was, yes. you know, prudence, that was a bitchy move. he's changed!" jacqueline raised her voice slightly, but prudence kept her cool.
"if he changed, why isn't he here?" prudence crossed her arms over her chest.

jacqueline rolled her eyes and shook her head.
"you don't get it! you're just a mean girl and i don't know why i ever—" jacqueline stopped herself from speaking.

she knew that she couldn't let prudence know about her crush. prudence only grew more curious. she wondered what jackie would say.
"why you ever what? i don't get why you let him walk all over you, jackie. don't forget who you are! you're the waverly witch—the one that challenged the church of night and won! you're going to forget all of that over some warlock that doesn't deserve you?" prudence scoffed.

jackie stared at prudence for a second—she was right. jacqueline was one of the bravest witches in their coven, she was the one that went against the church of night, she was the one that found out the twisted secrets of the coven. a smile grew on her face as she looked at prudence.

"no one has ever said it like that. y'know, in a positive way." jackie's smile began to settle.
"and you deserve to hear it." prudence admitted.

she felt weird whenever she showed her nice side to jacqueline. barely anyone had ever seen that side of her, yet around jacqueline, she felt that it was easy to show it. it was strange, but easy to show.

"i never thought that i'd say this but; thank you prudence. i have to go, and i can't wait on nick forever." jackie let her arms fall to her sides and she sighed. she began to walk past prudence.

prudence night began to think of the things that could go wrong from what she was considering doing. jackie could hate her, nick would hate her even more—she could deal with that one. nothing extreme seemed to cross her mind, so she decided to go through with it. the wicked witch turned around and gently grabbed ahold of jacqueline waverly's arm.

jackie turned around, eyebrows furrowed.
"prudence, wha—" jacqueline's confusion was halted by the feeling of prudence's lips against her's.

jackie's eyes widened before she settled and softly kissed prudence back. wait a minute, no. she was doing the wrong thing. it felt right, but it was the wrong thing. jacqueline pulled away, feeling a wave of emotions.
satisfaction, guilt, excitement, yet slight anger.

"i....i'm sorry." prudence could only apologize even though the butterflies in her stomach were fluttering. jackie was stunned, she could only shake her head in response.

"i ha-i have to g....go." she stammered, rushing away from prudence and the academy of unseen arts.

jacqueline could see that nick was talking to her, yet she was not listening at all. she continued to think about her kiss with prudence. should she tell nick? what should she do? were they going to break up? would she date prudence?

"jackie, can you stop ignoring me? i'm sorry, okay?" nick's brown eyes stared into jackie's blue-green ones. jacqueline snapped back to reality. she looked at him before furrowing her eyebrows.

"what?" she asked. nick sighed and took the book that jackie had been reading, out of her hands. he tossed it to the side and moved closer to her. nicholas scratch rested his hands on either sides of her face.

"jay, i'm sorry. i...i didn't mean to choose sabrina over you. it was her first day and i didn't want her to navigate the halls alone. you understand that, right? you know that i feel so passionately about you." he apologized. jacqueline stared up at him—he didn't mean to but his tone came across as very condescending. she could only nod in response.

nick leaned in, pressing his lips to jackie's. she kissed him back, letting her thoughts consume her mind; should i tell him? i should, i would want him to tell me! but he is going to freak out and i don't want him to leave me. i love him. wait—i love him? do i? does he love me? i like him a lot. i don't think i love him. i'm never his first choice. i should tell him.

nicholas reached to pull off jacqueline's shirt—she should tell him before they got more intimate. jackie pulled away from her boyfriend. she let out a sigh as she knew that she was going to hurt him.

"prudence kissed me." she outbursted. his eyes grew wide as he leaned away from her. he was hurt, to say the least. his girlfriend had cheated on him with his ex-girlfriend.

"what?!" was all he could hiss out in response.

jacqueline waverly could finally see it—the storm that had started to brew over the course of their relationship was here. it was going to be a brutal one.

scratcherly stans,
i'm sorry but i needed
the drama! also,
happy season 2 day!

if i feel up to it,
would you guys like a sequel?

of course i would have to
watch season 2 first and get
a feel for it, but its a possibility.

would you prefer a sequel or
a prequel detailing jackie's
life and how she got banished
from greendale?