|•|Chapter 1|•|

Running.

That's all Willow had been doing since she had left her small one bedroom apartment. She had gotten up that morning to make herself some breakfast, and had noticed that she was running low on food. So after having a bowl of cereal, getting her bag, and making sure that she had her phone, charger, keys, wallet, and other necessities. Willow put on her hoodie and her shoes, and after locking the door, she made her way to the store to get groceries.

It was fairly early that morning. The sky was cloudy meaning that there would be rain, quite possibly a storm with the way it was looking.

After about ten minutes of walking was when she noticed it. She was being followed.

Willow glanced behind her to see at least five guys. They looked like they were going hunting, if the way they were dressed was anything to go by. Not to mention that two of them were carrying good sized duffle bags full of who knows what. Most likely guns, traps and other things.

She decided to take a detour to see if they were just going in the same direction that she was, or if they were actually following her.

After taking some turns here and there, she looked back behind her and breathed a sigh of relief. They weren't there. Looks like they were just going in the same direction that she was.

Smiling to herself, Willow turned back around to continue on her way to the store. Only to walk face first into something, or rather, someone.

Taking a few steps back to regain her balance and to keep herself from falling on her butt, she opened her mouth to quickly apologize for not watching where she was going, only to have the words die in her throat.

It was three of those men that she had assumed were going in the same direction that she was going in. Turns out that they were following her.

But where were the other two?

The man in the front, presumably the leader, smirked at her and said "We know who you are. We also know what you are."

Willow took a step back, taking notice of the hatred and disgust in each of the men's eyes.

"I don't know what your talking about" She said to them, hoping against hope that this wasn't about to go where she thought it was going.

He gave her a smug look and said "We've been watching you for quite awhile now. At first, we weren't sure if the tip we got was true or false. But after watching you for the first couple weeks, it turned out that the tip we got was true. So, we continued to watch you for the past five months. Learning your schedule, where you go to, the exact times you come and go from your apartment. Oh yes, we've been keeping a very close eye on you." His smug look turned into one of hate. "Yes, we know without a doubt what you are. So don't even try to play dumb."

Willow's eyes widened slightly in fear. She turned around to get away from the three men in front of her, only to find that the other missing two were standing there.

She looked back and forth between them, trying to figure out a way to escape.

"Go ahead, run. It'll make the hunt more fun that way" one of them said, a sadistic smile on his face.

And run she did.

She thought about trying to lose them in town somewhere, but what if innocent people got hurt?

Making a quick decision, Willow ran towards a back alley. She hopped the fence, ran across a small field, and into the woods. She ran further into the woods before slowing down to a walk.

By this time it had started raining, the trees provided some shelter from it, but not much.

Willow's hair and clothes had become damp as she kept walking.

What was she going to do? Going back to her apartment would be a dumb idea, she would definitely be caught if she went there.

She stopped by a tree and sat down, taking a small break. She had walked quite a ways into the woods. Maybe she had lost them?

Willow sat there for a few more minutes before getting up, stopping as soon as she heard something hit the tree behind her.

Looking up, her eyes widened in shock seeing an arrow embedded in the tree just above her head. She looked in the direction it had come from, seeing one of the five men that had been following her standing there with a crossbow in his hands.

Seeing him beginning to load another arrow, Willow quickly got up and took off running again.

At this point the rain had turned into a down pour, making her completely drenched and causing her clothes to stick to her body making it a bit hard to move freely.

The sun was apparently going down seeing as how much darker it had gotten. Not to mention the pouring rain making it even worse. The only way to see some what was when the lightning flashed and lit the surrounding area, but even that didn't help much.

Willow ran blindly through the woods. Tripping here and there by unseen roots, but always some how able to catch her balance. Branches scratched her face and hands, and snagged at her hair and clothes. Her lungs burned, begging for air, and her legs had all but gone numb from the constant running.

Willow could see a break in the trees up ahead. Her lungs now felt like they were on fire and by this point she could just barely feel her legs, but she kept pushing forward, hoping that it would be a suburban area that was outside of town, or a farm house, something!

Anything to save her from these hunters, she needed help and fast!

Finally reaching the break in the trees, Willow slowed down to a jog, and then a walk. Taking a quick break to get some much needed air back into her lungs, and to get some feeling back into her legs which felt like jello at this point.

Breathing heavily, she took a quick look at her surroundings.

Willow couldn't make much out do to the pouring rain and it being dark out, but from the looks of it, it appeared to be a big open field with what looked to be a good sized two story house in the center.

The lights in the house were on, which meant that whoever lived there was still awake. Thank goodness! She could hopefully get help and end this nightmare!

Willow took a step forward, making her way towards the house.

She had gotten about halfway there when it happened.

A loud clap of thunder almost drowned it out, but she still heard it. It was the sound of a gun going off, followed by a searing hot pain going through-out her body.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word Count: 1184

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey everyone! So this is my first story here on Wattpad that I have published. I hope you all like it, but if you don't, that's fine, I'll still continue to update it.
Anyways, please feel free to comment, vote, add to your library/reading list. And if you'd like, follow me.

BangtanzNinja💜🎼