Chapter 1

Footsteps echoed down the long hallway of a fancy, elegant home, a flash of blue fur dashed around a corner, an emerald was held inside to small, clawed hands. The same blue fur darted to the nearest window, smashing it, leaping out into the cold night air. His tail ruffled in the wind as he sprinted across the village, the houses around him started to spread out. Pawstep by pawstep, twitching his ears, the fox approached a small orange tent, his shark tooth necklace jingled as he bent over to enter the small enclosed area. A few blankets were nested in one corner, a large chest sat across the tent, a few feet away from the nesting corner.

With a clunk, the newly stolen emerald was dropped into the chest. Suddenly, footsteps sounded outside the tent, the fox twitched his ears, gripping a slingshot tightly, he leaped out of the tent, only to be lifted into the air. " I'm not hear to hurt you, I'm here to invite you."

" who are you?!" The blue furred fox struggled out of the armored man's grip.

" I'm Zanis, and you must be Fennik." He responded in a calm, deep voice, releasing Fennik from his iron grip. "What is going on?!" Fennik asked, tail twitching impatiently.
" a dark force is attempting to take the land and peace away... we need a strong marksman, we need YOU."