1.5

-Ritsu's POV-

Don't give me that look.

If I can't seem to know when to stop thinking about all these stupid events that happened this year, then that's a problem.

That's my problem. I care about the past. Too much.

And now here I am, with Suzuki, sitting under this random tree. And suddenly, everything just didn't matter anymore. The world behind me just stopped.

It's strange...really strange.

"Isn't it nice out here, Ritsu?" He said, shooting me a warm smile.

I shrugged and nodded. "Yeah, I'll admit it's pretty beautiful." 

We first met back somewhere in 2016, and true, it wasn't the best first impression neither of us made on each other. However, that did change afterwards. We hit it off immediately after he came back to my house and claimed me as his new best friend.

I lay down onto the grass with him and looked up at the sunlight shining gently through the leaves, blowing the small bit of my hair itching my forehead out of the way.

"Suzuki, why did you pick here of all places?" I asked. This would be my chance to get some insight on him.

"Oh," His face flushed bright red. "I just, you know...wanted to go here again. My mother used take me here when I was still really young. And I wanted to just...go here again, and check out how they reconstructed it."

That's way too specific to be a lie...he's probably telling the truth.

"I see...why don't you go here again by yourself? You're definitely old enough to do it."

His face was screaming at me Dude, what the fuck?!, but that wasn't what he said to me.

"It's just, lonely...I don't go here because I didn't have many friends that I felt like I could go with."

"Darn...that must be really harsh...But, hey. You're back here again, with a friend you felt like you could go with." I gave an attempt to cheer him up.

Miraculously, it worked. His sad expression easily and rather quickly morphed into a bright smile, before collapsing into an array of laughter. I couldn't help but smile myself, it's the weird effect where people begin laughing when seeing other people doing the same.

"Ritsu, you're the first one I feel like I could spend the rest of time in a math lesson with." Suzuki laughed, wiping the tears that were forming on his eyes.

"That is, if I don't die before you." I patted him on the back, returning the laugh.

His face turned crimson red as soon as my hand touched his back, something's up.

He chuckled nervously, quickly pulling himself upright and putting his shoes back on.

I sat back up and stretched for a bit before standing up.

"So, are you free this Friday? I kind of do want to hang out with you more." I asked just as he was getting up.

-Shou's POV-

Holy fucking hell.

He asked me out.

I mean, technically it wasn't really a date, but he's asking me to hang out, which is sort of like the  "king" of ways to ask people out?

Am I making this a big deal? This is really a fucking big deal, though.

"Shou?" He looked at me concernedly. 

"Oh-" My face grew redder, as if it wasn't already....pull it together, idiot!

"So, you up for it?" He smiled gently. Everything Ritsu does is always never forced, it's always so natural...and easy for him.

"Hell yeah, I am." I replied, attempting to match his calm expression.

He nodded mysteriously and grabbed his bag, looking out at the sun, beginning it's descent into who knows where. The moon should began to take it's place in about two hours, if science class taught me anything. (Which it didn't, not a lot, at least.)

"See you this Friday. 5:30pm on the dot." He waved and walked down the pavement two steps at a time.

I breathed a sigh of relief and smiled, tying my jacket back around my waist, which is a thing I've been trying out lately, seeing as...way too many people around me do it.

The sky turned a fading orange, the blue from the night began blurring into it, like as if lava was floating across a sea of blue. Sometimes I never notice these small changes, and sometimes I notice all of them. It's a thing no one can properly train, but some people can just control it better than others.

Am I blabbing now? I probably am. Definitely.

As I walk by, people look at me in shock, horror and surprise. Have they never seen someone walking in the air? Magic shows? Other Espers?

Too bad I can't focus on any of that now. Kageyama is on my mind, and I can't get him off.