iv. couple miles from you

break up thingy
words count: 851

I hated every time he leaves and promised he'll call and text me everyday. He's now on tour, made a promise and probably forgets about it.
image

I understand his priorities, his dreams, I'll be supporting him 24/7, I can guarantee that. But, for the last couple of weeks, messages were so minimal, it's good to have a total of thirty minutes of call in a week. This isn't healthy anymore.

I dressed for the expected weather in the UK for a day with a small backpack - inside's a basic less hundred ml necessities, wallet, cards, cash and passport.

The weather's nice to roam around. I texted Shawn where they're staying. He didn't replied. So glad Brian did. Saved me a lot of time when all I had was a day, 22 hours and 46 minutes spares my stay here.

I went to his hotel and asked the front desk where Shawn's staying. She refused to answer me at first because she thought I might be one of his crazy fans trying to catch him at his hotel room. I listened and smiled awkwardly as she called her manager to deal with me, which in fact is very unnecessary. They told me if I was truly his "girlfriend" he could come to the lobby and fetch me or they could just call him to fetch me.

I scoffed, "No, no, no. I mentioned no, right? So, no. Do not call him."

"But, ma'am we need to make -" the manager insisted to the fifth time.

"What I'm saying here miss is, what part of the word 'surprise' you can't understand?" I raised my voice arguing sarcastically.

"Oh, dear Y/N you're here." a familiar voice echoed the lobby. It was Andrew. I smiled faintly at him as he bailed me out of the nonsense conversation happened in the desk.
"Does Shawn knows you're here?" Andrew asked me as he walks me to the elevator.

"No." I said plainly.

"Oh." he replied in a very low voice as the elevator opened.

"Thank you. This will be quick, Andrew."

"I'll see you later, Y/N. Good to see you today."

As if I'm battling a crisis, I can't find enough courage to knock on his door. I stood for almost ten minutes before my knuckles made three soft knocks on the door.

It opened forcefully but not wide open enough to see him. He mumbled, annoyed on his breath, "I didn't ask for anything you must been wrong."

I chuckled softly, "Oh, this is your girlfriend that you left in the US and I'm pretty sure this is the right room."

He opened the door widely, exposing himself in bathrobe with a wide playful but surprised grin. "Having yourself a little day off, Shawn?" I asked.

He immediately pulled me into a tight hug as he spoke, "What are you doing here? You're the last person I expected knocking on my door, love. I miss you, Y/N." he planted a long kiss in my temple.

He invited me in to his room and made myself home for a brief moment in his suit's living room. He managed to get dressed as he prepared a cup of tea for me. He's telling tales about what had happened to the past shows on the tour as I tried to smile and replied "Uh-huh", "That's great.", "Oh." and a lot more.

"What made you fly here, love?" he asks as he settled my tea in the table in front of me. I took a sip as he continued talking.

"Did you miss me that much, eh?" he laughed at his own question. I didn't answer.

"How long are you staying here?" he sat next to me and caressed my cheek and tucked the lose strand of my hair in my ear as he planted kisses on my face.

"What made you fly a couple hundred miles to see me, love? What's on your mind, right now?" he stared at me as his hands intertwined with mine. "You're not answering my questions, reacted less on my stories or talks earlier. You didn't even hugged me back.

"What's bugging in your mind right now, eh?"
I brought my tea cup to the table where Shawn placed it a couple of minutes ago and stared at him embracing his features for maybe this is the last time I might see it this close. I gulped and sighed before I spoke.

"I came here, Shawn -" I paused and bit my lip, "to end us."

He looked at me seriously before he started tickling me, "You're kidding, love. I hate it when you started our talks like this. I miss you too." he stopped it as soon as I throw his hands away from me and that's when he knew I was serious about my statement.

"Hate to break it to you, Shawn. We're done." I said confidently as I tried to gather myself away from the sofa.

If I was to describe his reaction, it was a complete utter disaster just like what he had done to me.