Chapter 1: Choice

Author's Notes. Please read

Hey everyone! So this is my first story ever for the 'Thomas the Tank Engine' section on this website, ever. I just got back into the franchise after meeting the amazing author, Raphianna. After getting to know her, she introduced me to the pairings she and our other author friend, Goldsaddletank.

At first I was confused because I haven't watched Thomas and Friends since 'The Magic Railroad.' But after watching some episodes, and movies, of the CGI animations, I can see why the pairings like work. So in my future Thomas stories, I will only use THESE ships because in all honesty, I don't see how some of the "main" ships work but that's just my opinion. Everyone has a right to their own opinions on who should be paired with who so I would like it if you respect my ships for my stories.

Also, Raphianna has edited this chapter because in all honesty, I suck at it, terribly. So this is a shout out to her as a thank you for being an amazing friend and sister so thank you so much! ^^

With all of that said, I can now do some quick notes for people to know. For starters, please don't send reviews that are about you hating the ships I'm using. Words hurt and everyone has the right to create and use ships of any kind in FICTIONAL stories where anything can happen. Just because people use one "main" couple for their stories doesn't mean its the right couple for the franchise and that everyone should ship them.

Italics are used for thinking, flashbacks and dreams/nightmares.

The ships that will be shown mostly are Thomas/James and Edward/Henry.

In this story, Thomas and Edward have a brotherly relationship so they call each other brothers.

And I believe that is everything I wanted to say so I hope you enjoy this story and to not criticize it because it contains ships that you don't like.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Go James! Go!" Thomas yelled as he quickly pushed Theo across the tracks, clearing the path of empty cars for James to escape.

Looking back, he watched his shinning ruby speed past them, heading towards the exit of the Steelworks. Happy that James was able to escape, Thomas smiled. As he moved his eyes to look forward, he gasped. The cars started to lift and topple over, the corner of one of the trucks pressing a button.

As Thomas and Theo slowed down, Thomas felt a heavy piece of metal land on top of his cab, lifting him up off the ground and into the air.

Thomas cried out in shock as he watched himself being lifted, too high above the ground. "Help! Help!" He yelled in fear.

He frantically looked around, but fear gripped his boiler as he felt the magnet begin to move. He whimpered a bit as he was slowly being moved over a huge pot full of burning, hot smelt. "No, no, no, no!" He whimpered as the magnet stopped over the molten metal, the warmth from it starting make his wheels heat up.

"Don't worry, I'll get you down Thomas!" Theo yelled as he started to push on the cars.

"Oh no you don't!" Hurricane exclaimed as he was quickly coupled to the experimental engine, before pulling him back, preventing him from moving the cars.

"Let me go!" Theo exclaimed as he tried to move forward, without any luck.

"And make our favorite engine leave? I don't think so." Frankie said as she backed up, blocking Theo's view of the cars. "He just returned to us and now you want him to leave? He promised to help us here at the Steelworks." She said tauntingly, moving her gaze to look up at Thomas, smiling.