Chapter [6] As Radiant as Always

[heYy there people. For this part of the x reader story, if you want to request a specific chapter of one of the Days you can cause why not. also, my motivation is starting to run out, so sorry if the story is short hhh, im currently working on another story as well as a webcomic. and as always,

enjoy~

-- Stream]

.

The walk to the lab had been out of the ordinary. Mostly me and Radiant Day had chatted, but Unpredictable Day would sometimes join in. Emotionless Day would only oftentimes talk, but he seemed...emotionless...as the name suggested.

I could visibly see the building as we neared it. Unpredictable went ahead of us to open the doors. We walked in.

The lab was cold, and it felt like the facility back at home.

We passed through the main lab where computers of data and cabinets full of experiments lingered. My shoes clicked against the floor, and Radiant Day piped up.

"So Ms.(L/N)! How was your investigation at Alone Traveler's?"

My face became awkward. I didn't know whether to tell them or not that their ally had killed someone. But then again some operatives shoot innocent people at random sometimes, or so I've heard. I began to connect the dots and decided to not. "It's...classified information..." I muttered awkwardly, "I-I'm sure you guys can understand..."

"Oh yes! We have many classified details we're not allowed to give out to the public. Who knows how the citizens would react to some of them!" Unpredictable day said.

We walked a bit further until we made it to the physical lab. Some testing chambers and other rooms were blocked away by doors that needed keycards to be opened. The walls were shiny and our footsteps sounded as if we were all wearing high heels.

I spotted several testing tubes and some syringes. My stomach began to churn, "If there's one thing I hate in this world, it's surely needles." I said in my mind with a gulp.

"Sit here Ms. (L/N)!" Radiant Day said while a smile as he led me to a chair next to a table. I sat down and placed my bag on the table. "We have to do a blood test and two eye tests." Emotionless Day said as he grabbed different essentials.

"O-Oh, a-a-alright." I muttered with a fearful smile.

Emotionless walked over to me and set down his materials and pulled up a chair in front of me, "I'll do the eye tests first. Make sure you don't show any sort of emotion while I'm doing this because it'll mess up the test."

I nodded, "For s-sure."

He grabbed a Retinascope and told me to open my eyes wide. The warm light made me recoil. I apologized and he continued the test.

I felt as if I were a little kid again when my mom took me to the doctors. Speaking of which, I should go get a check up since I haven't had one in years.

He nodded towards Radiant Day and Unpredictable Day who were waiting near us. I hoped that I was okay.

"Okay, we have to go to another room for this test." He said in a monotone voice as he motioned for me to follow him. I nodded and followed him timidly.

He led me to a room with a small bed in the middle and many medical instruments placed on tables to the sides of the room.

"Lay on the bed, I'll have to put eye drops in your eyes right now."

I did so and laid flat on the bed. I heard him come over with a small bottle in his hands, "Keep your eyes open. Don't close them."

"I'll try." I muttered. The cold eye drops made me whine in silence, my eyes began to get itchy and sore but I remained with my eyes open. He looked at my eyes with a small handheld device that beeped every once in a while.

"Oh right, I forgot to mention. Your eyesight may be a little blurry for a few hours." Emotionless Day said as he pulled away and set the instrument on the table near my.

I groaned silently.

I had to write my notes down though...

"We have to do the blood tests now." Emotionless Day said as he walked out of the room.

Nausea found its way into my mind and I began to shiver a bit.

I sat back down at the place I was before. I whined softly as I saw Emotionless bring a semi-big syringe towards me. Radiant Day saw this and sat down in a chair next to me.

"Don't worry (Y/N)! It'll all be over quickly." Radiant smiled.

"A-Ah...u-uhm! Y-Yep!"

Emotionless sat next to me, I rolled up my sleeves and he cleaned my arm with a sanitary wipe before I felt the cold needle on my arm.

"Hey, Ms. (L/N), don't pay attention to the needle. Just pay attention to me!" Radiant Day said, trying to distract me.

I nodded. The needle dug into my skin and I almost let out a yelp. I bit down on my lip and shut my eyes.

I felt Radiant Day grab my hand and squeeze it in reassurance. I also practically felt the blood leave my veins, and squeezed his hand back.

"It's almost over Ms. (L/N). You're doing great!" Radiant Day smiled gently. I felt somewhat pathetic, I was already a mature female adult, yet I was still freaking out over a needle.

Finally, I felt the needle slip out of my arm and I let out a sigh of relief. The area around my arm felt sore, but Emotionless had already placed a bandaid and held the tube of blood in his hand. "Your blood seems normal just by the looks of it but I'll leave it in this machine just so it can see if there's anything suspicious in there. But overall, you don't seem infected." Emotionless said as he placed the tube into the machine.

"Oh...t-thank you." I smiled.

Emotionless shrugged.

"It's no problem."

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

[hope you guys enjoyeddddd. I'm going to publish another x reader story today woohoo. It's SCP related, cause I've gotten really into the foundations lore and stuff.
Anyways, have a great day uwuwwuwywy

-- Stream]