Chapter VIII

Izuku's POV

After the USJ incident I had been praised. Oddly enough no one seemed to care that I had broken the guidelines given to me, hell, master had even congratulated me on successfully landing a hero in training in a hospital bed. Kurogiri had handed me my journal back with a knowing smile. His wink told me everything I needed to know about how he felt.

It was Dabi's reaction that I wasn't expecting.

Master had lectured him about pushing me over the edge, stating how much danger I had been put in as one of the weaker villains of the league. He had said it rather nicely for him. No raised voices or earth shattering quirks were to released onto the dim bar, which was a win in an argument against the master. After the lecture was when the real problem started.

I was sitting in one of the bar stools with a few of the villains surrounding me. The nomu of Tomura's had been leaked of all information it had gathered and said information was being leaked through a small computer monitor for me to copy down into pages. Nothing beside the words of the master, the scraping of my pen against paper, and Stain's sword sharpening from a few seats over filled the air. Tomura himself had his head resting against one of the booth tables across the bar. His wounds were just bad enough for him to sleep for hours without complaint.

Dabi walked over to me slowly a few moments after master dismissed him. His hair was spiked up as it always was; the odd smell of burnt wood never seeming to leave his skin. Looking at him you could see the obvious distain written across his features, which scared me. From experience - Dabi had trained with me for a while months ago - you did not want someone like Dabi on your enemy list. We had seen him set entire buildings to flame within seconds.

"I'm sorry for pushing you off. The ice hit and I panicked. I didn't think of the consequences well enough before sending you down there." His apology was monotone and forced. Looking into his eyes, you could see no form of emotional meaning behind them. As a result I wasn't really listening to him knowing full well his true apology and explanation would come long after the master had left his presence. "I put you in danger with that move."

My eyes rise to his for little more than a few seconds before refocusing on the moniter in front of me. All-Might was on screen at the moment with pain hidden in his eyes. Anyone could tell he was badly injuried, but he kept on going. Even after years of hating him I couldn't seem to look away from the bravery he presented in the face of his enemies. It was admirable to anyone; hero or villain. "It's fine."

After the tension in the air had settled and master had gone away the bar returned to normal. Dabi left before Tomura woke and threw a fit about his presence, Kurogiri had turned on some opera music and cleaned up the bar from the previous nights mess, I had filled up another notebook with notes on U.A. students and teachers, and Stain had babbled on and on about how All-Might was going to be the one to kill him.

Normal day for the league of villains.

Presently, days had passed from then. The sun had just risen and I was walked down the street with wondering eyes. It was a rather boring day; master had called a meeting to discuss details on a planned attack that I wasn't allowed to go to. Stain was away in a new city he needed to cleanse and refused to let me come up until after my mother's birthday. Which left me with nothing to do except wonder desperately through streets wondering what to do with myself.

Well, I wouldn't exactly call it wondering as I turned down a planned pathway. The truth was I had found a new obsession of sorts, which was, for me, a very bad thing. For as long as I could remember I had constantly gone through phases of obsession that ruined people around me. My first had been the unhealthy obsession with All-Might; the next had been the obsession with heros; the next had been the obsession with my journals; the next had been the obsession of training with Stain. And now? I was obsessed with Shoto Todoroki.