2. A new beginning

Maybe it was the cupid playing his role that Kunal collided with Meghna. She was nothing but a bubble of joy and kindness. Helping others, fighting for her right, and her daring nature was all that pulled him towards her.

It was like any other day, 'The Rockstar K.C' of his college walking down the hall, talking and enjoying himself. But the thing which was not like any other day was that he met Meghna.

It seemed cliché. The girl and boy colliding like Karan Johar's movie and instantly falling in love. But in reality, it was nothing like that. Meghna didn't even notice who the boy was. She just muttered a sorry and made her way to her class.

But on the other side, Kunal felt something. It was not love but maybe a small attraction which developed watching her. He noticed her for the first time. Wearing a blue kurti, tying her hair into a messy bun, she looked graceful to him.

He had always preferred the opposite girl of Meghna, like the one wearing western clothes but she was different! He didn't know what pulled him, maybe her deep eyes or the perfect lips.

He tried to find her but unluckily their college was much bigger than it appeared and finding her was difficult even for K.C. And slowly that attraction also started fading away.

Time didn't stop for them and it was the time of college fest. Students from many colleges were gathered. Meghna was also there with her friends and it was the first time she noticed him.

When she heard a voice singing her favourite song in his melodious voice, there was no turning back. She walked towards the hall from where Kunal was singing. Opening the door, she saw Kunal on the stage with his black guitar.

He was as usual in his rockstar get up. An unknown smile got spread on her lips watching him. She could connect to the voice. It was like he was singing this for her only.

Suddenly she realised that the song had ended and the organiser was saying something. "So here was our rockstar Kunal Chauhan singing for you..."

She could only hear this much. Her ears could only make the words Kunal Chauhan and suddenly she felt a urge to meet him. Slowly making her way to the area where the contestants were there, she found Kunal.

But it was not what she expected to see. She saw Kunal with some girl, he was holding her waist and they were standing really close.

"Oh sorry! Didn't mean to disturb you." She said turning back. She didn't know why but she felt some mixed up emotions growing within her.

Hearing her voice Kunal instantly turned back. This 'sorry' was familiar and he knew that it was his mysterious girl.

He left the girl behind and ran towards Meghna. Holding her hand he turned her back and was again met with the deep eyes.

"You didn't disturb me." He said.

"Oh!" Meghna's reply came back. She sounded a little bit confused.

And that was the beginning of the silence which spread over them. Both were under each other's gaze and Kunal captured her every features. After another fraction of time, Meghna realised that position and moved back.

"I think I should go" She said turning back. But Kunal again stopped her. "Don't go!" He found himself saying this and instantly changed his sentence to sound not like a creep.

"What were you doing there?"

"Just thought I should say that you sing really well." Meghna replied looking down.

"Thank you Ms..?" Kunal stopped as he didn't know her name.

"Meghna" She replied back instantly.