First Impressions

"It's pretty simple, pretty obvious: that people's first impressions of people are really a big mistake."
-Vincent D'Onofrio
—————————————————
I feel the cold tile on my feet as I make my way to the bathroom. Turn on the hot water of the shower and begin to undress. I feel the oversized cotton shirt I have on leave my body and I groan at the loss of heat. I move my hands to my baggy, grey sweatpants and untie the, now loose, strings. I pull my underwear off with my sweatpants. I turned towards the mirror and looked at my stomach, then my thighs. Why do my thighs look like that? I thought to myself. I continue to stare off into space for a while before I realized that my water was getting cold, and so was I. I step in the shower one foot at a time and stand under the water adjusting to the hot temperature. I look down at my stomach once more and begin to wonder if guys find my body attractive. I mean sure, being "thick" is the new thing but I didn't look like other girls my age. I was bigger in a lot of ways. I started to grown boobs in the 4th grade and my butt, thighs, and hips are pretty big. I'm not skinny and I have a little tummy, but I've grown to love it. I find the shampoo bottle and sniff it. Mmmmm.... It smells of roses and has a beautiful sweetness to it. I put some in the palm of my hand and massage my scalp with my fingers, as I feel the warm water rinsing through my hair. I finish washing my body and turn off the water. When I get out of the shower it is colder than before. I sigh and brush my teeth with my minty toothpaste and head to my room. I open my window to let the warm spring breeze flow through my window. I walk to my closet and pull out my black jeans with a flowery-yellow, off the shoulder blouse. I grab my strappy, black sandals and walk to my bed. As I'm getting dressed i hear the sound of a truck backing up. I go to my window and notice there is a boy standing at the bottom of the driveway next door, he seems to be about my age. I'll go say hi later. I stand there and take in what's happening a little while longer. My eyes wander back to the boy, he looks up at my window and smirks. I feel my face heat up as I remember that I'm in nothing but my jeans and white lacy bra. I run quickly to my bed tripping in the process. Great! Good job. I retort in my head. I peek out the window once more to see if he's still there. Where'd he go? "Rosalie!", my mom screams, "We have visitors!" Great. Just great.

———————————————-
a/n
this is the first chapter of The Ghost of Him. vote and comment what you think.