Chapter 13- Why am I smiling?

"Have you heard from Shane lately?" Maddie asked as we out of the coffee shop near the studio with trays of coffee cups and teas for the group. I shook my head and pushed back the sad feeling that was trying to break through.

"Nope but I don't expect to hear from him all the time. We both have our own lives and it's not like we are dating or anything." I shrugged as we came up to the studio. She blocked the door and gave me a skeptical look. "What?"

"I mean you guys did kiss and were like in love back in England from what I can tell. And now you don't care if you haven't heard from him in a while? Do you not care anymore?" She asked and I almost wanted to slap her for thinking that I didn't care about Shane. Of course I care about him. I love him to be exact but...could I say that? No I can't because I am in love with my fiance and don't have time to waste on a love that won't ever be again.

"It's not that I don't care anymore. It's just that I might not care as much as I use to. I have Lyric now and the wedding to worry about and frankly hanging out with Shane is only to cause even more problems in our relationship. I am not about to do a rocky marriage because I let some ex mess it up." I lied through my teeth, while the rest of me was screaming that wasn't true. To be honest ever since the kiss I can't stop thinking about him. Even if I try my hardest to focus on something else he comes barging rudely into my thoughts and won't leave.

She gave me another look before shrugging. "If you say so but I can tell that something is up." She said before pushing the door open and walking in. I followed in after looking over to the spot where Shane would usually be performing and let out a little disappointed sigh once I saw that he wasn't there.

Lyric walked over to me and took the tray before kissing me deeply. I smiled into the kiss and wrapped my arms around his neck, while his free hand rested on my hip. He pulled back and kissed my nose with a smile. "I missed you." He whispered, leaning his head down to mine.

"I missed you too, babe but I wasn't gone for that long." I giggled as he pouted out his lip.

"I don't care. Still missed you." He said capturing my lips in another deep kiss, almost making my knees give out with all the emotion he put into it. "But I also might have missed coffee more." He said with a cheeky smile. I rolled my eyes and shoved him playfully.

"Yo! Which one is my coffee?" Rob asked jogging over to us. Lyric turned towards him and looked down at the tray of cups.

"I'm just going to take a wild guess that it is the one that is the only decaf and has your name in big bold letters." He said with a smirk once Rob glared at him.

"Oh ha ha ha." Rob said sarcastically, taking the coffee, and sticking his tongue out at him. I laughed and reached around Lyric and grabbed my cup before taking a drink. Lyric look at me from over his shoulder and chuckled once I did a funny face at him.

The door to the studio opened and a guy that looked really familiar walked in with a few flyers in his hand before walking over to the information board was at and posted one of them on it. Without a word said he just walked back out without even looking our way. I looked over at Lyric who gave me the same what-the-hell look before we all walked over to the board.

"Last time before first ever New York coffee shop and hangout tour to hear One ambush to perform at Lucy's. With original mash-up of songs. Featuring Max Schneider. Free of charge. Hope to see you there." Rob read and Maddie screamed loudly.

"Oh my god! I love Max! He is my baby! Right next to Luke Hemmings from 5 seconds of summer." She exclaimed like a 15 year old girl. I laughed and looked back at the paper, making a thinking face.

"What you thinking about?" Lyric asked still looking at the paper. I gave a taken back look knowing that he didn't even look at me while I was making the face. "Don't question how I know." He chuckled looking at me.