Down Hill

While Marceline watched over Finn; Jake, Lady, and the now adult pups cleaned and fixed up the house. Marceline brushed Finn's hair back with her fingers.

"Oh Finn what happened to you?" She questioned aloud.

"I'm just sick, all I need is medicine." He said tiredly.

"You coughed up blood." She stated.

"I've known for awhile," he sighed," that's why I left, to get out and see the world before I die."

"You're not gonna die." Marceline choked back tears, "nothing can kill you, nothing ever has killed you. You're Finn, the Human!"

"Exactly I'm human, humans are mortal and anything can kill humans." Finn stated hoarsely.

"But not you, you're my radical boy." A tear fell down her cheek that she quickly wiped it away.

Finn reached out and touched her face, she looked at him, his green eyes were visible. She leaned in to kiss him and he turned away.

"I'm sorry I don't know if kissing you is gonna mess you up some how." He stared at the ceiling.

"I'm a vampire, only spells can affect me." She slightly grinned but hid it.

"I-"

"You're awake!" Jake came running over.

"Barely." Finn struggled a grin. "Hey mind if we get some fresh air? I'm getting claustrophobic?"

"Uh, I guess, are you feeling well enough?" He said concerned.

"Yeah, I've had plenty of rest." Finn started moving out of bed. Marceline and Jake rushed to help him up. Jake made himself into a cane for Finn," where do you wanna go?" Jake asked.

"How about the Candy Kingdom?" He grinned.

"Okay." Jake shrugged.

Only a few steps out the door and Jake turned into a walker, then not even halfway there he turned into a wheelchair, staying that way for the rest of the trip, 3 coughing fits of blood, and all the way back home.

When they entered the Candy Kingdom everyone looked in shock and awe to see Finn in his condition. They wheeled their way to the castle to see Princess Bubblegum.

"Finn!" She squeaked with excitement." When did you get back?" She hugged him.

"Umm, last night." He hugged her back.

"Why didn't you write?" She put her hands on her hips as she scolded Finn.

"I had no paper, and no time to write." He blushed.

"Well it's good to see you, all of you again." She smiled with her perfectly gummy lips.

"I can see nothing has changed since I left." Finn chuckled.

"Yeah, nothing has except for our parties!" She raised an eyebrow.

"Oh yeah?" Finn challenged.

"Yeah, how about we throw you a welcome home party in a few days when you're feeling stronger?" She smiled.

"Sounds awesome!" Finn grinned but was cut short by a coughing fit. PB looked in shock as the hero coughed up blood into a bandana.

"Finn are you alright?" She examined him.

"Yeah." He cleared his throat. "I'm fine."

"I bet I could whip up a medicine for that." She said concerned but proud.