Chapter 2

"I'm sorry father."

My father furrowed his eyebrows, just stopped his current reading to looks at my form while he sits. His absence of reply implied for me to continue.

"I used the shadow overdrive in the battlefield."

He suddenly straightens his back, puts down the current newspaper he read on the table, folded neatly. He just looked at my hand, which covered in blood, still unable to contain the great shadow overdrive.

"You panicked."

I frowned, I know I cannot lie to him,

"I did, my father."

He looked into my eyes, seeking for my hesitation and guilty, but none of them shown off from my face. He sighs, "You know how the appearance of Silver Dagger's member in front of many peoples will take place in newspaper don't you?"

"I know."

"What makes you panicked?" he quickly shook his head, "no, who makes you panicked?"

I gulped hardly, there's no way any thought escape my father's observation. I paused for a quite long time, which makes the absence of voices from us and letting the silence fills the room. I cannot lie, I'll be scolded in seconds from now.

"There was a cleric—" I took a deep breath, "—he spotted me sitting on the tree branch, watching the war before that cleric almost killed me with a lightning."

I waited for his response, but he just quietly said "continue."

"You must know, that person is the cleric who has been on headline of every newspapers these day. Then when he cornered me, he asked me if I'm a dragon follower and I said no, shortly after that, he asked me to help them defeat the monsters and I helped him."

I paused again, regret flooding my mind. Indeed, I'm overreacting.

My father looked at me, I don't know if he quietly analyzing my story or just using his interrogation skill by intimidating me because I avoid his stares.

"And the general monster appears, a full armors hobgoblin. It ran to the cleric—"

"Gillione."

"—what?" I furrowed at my father's word

"Gillione." He shifted his body a bit, cracking his back, "that's the name of cleric you talked about."

"That's a weird name."

"Clerics were known by their unique names." He smiles, "and we, assassins supposed to not having any names."

"And the archers are named after a fruit and such." I rolled my eyes, "but that's just a generalization, isn't it? There were still other clerics named Jake, William, and what about us? We have name for ourselves."

My father chuckled, "I know." He gets up and pats my shoulder. "My dear son, judging from your story, you do know your piercing star is enough to stop the hobgoblin right?"

I cringed a bit, "I know."

"Gillione must've gotten your attention, my son. Are you finally interested in being friend with anyone?"

I frowned at his question, but at the same times, I'm questioning myself. Do I want to befriend with him?

My father seems took my silent as yes, which in the next moment, he grabs my hand and dragging me out from house. Confusion hits me, "what are you doing, father?" my mind calculating the possibility, is he going to drag me to the battlefield and train me—