Chapter One

Your POV:

The Glade is hot today. Just like the past few days. I've been working mostly with Gally this week and things are starting to get frustrating. There's no need to explain there... I mean.. it's Gally. 

So I've been taking extra time off, alone, to cool down from his over-the-top "safety precautions" and other shit that's been driving me nuts. I was just making my way over to the South Corner when I felt someone else's presence behind me. 

"You know... Gally usually responds well when he's threatened" I turned around to see Newt smiling and leaning up against a tree. I crossed my arms in front of me and chuckled. "Good to know," I responded, walking on over to him. "Except, I'm not a little pest like you.. so I think I'll stick to enduring his painful opinions," I said. "Wow. That's adorable" Newt replied, straightening up. "You think I'm a little pest." He laughed. "You're the sweetest." He said, impishly smiling. 

You see.. with Newt... there's always a part of me that feels the need to insult him. Of course, he knows I'm just joking. I mean.. don't get me wrong! I love the boy, it's just... he's way too charismatic to get all my attention. "I know." I blatantly responded, grabbing his hand and leading him towards homestead. "So I was thinking" Newt began, "that as long as Gally or Alby don't know how much I, EXCLUSIVELY ADORE you, then we have nothing to worry about." He finished. 

Newt and I have a long history together. But Gally doesn't approve. I mean.. so what?? Gally doesn't care, big deal! Ooh, THAT'S where you're wrong. Gally would actually murder Newt if he knew about us. And I'm not entirely up for that. Also, Alby is the head of this whole Sha-bang here in the Glade so we have to listen to him. 

"Okay. Right. And I guess that means we can just.. run away together and.. get married! Have kids! Happily ever after?" Newt stiffened at that. He had always talked about having a real life with me. A normal one. I assumed I'd hit a soft spot right there. "Sorry" I muttered. 

He shrugged "you're right anyway" he mumbled. I squeezed his hand and smiled. "Cheer up you big baby" I laughed, nudging him. He smiled and laughed along too.

 Just then, from across the glade were the sounds of a nightmare. A heart-wrenching, blood-curdling, adrenaline pumping sound. The box had come up. And was a month too early.