one

"life is tough my darling but so are you."
-s.l

    ENTRY ONE"the nightmares"

    ENTRY ONE
"the nightmares"

THE SOUND OF FEET POUNDING against the hardwood floor was enough to cause the adults in the charming household to delay their chatter and turn their attention to the two youngest in the lodging place. Their faces turned from concern to amusement as they watched both girls being chased around. Zoe Monroe ran to her father's side immediately with Cora Hale in tow, both girls breathing heavily from their escape. "Uncle Peter-" ,Cora started only for her friend to finish the phrase, "he's chasing us!" The two looked towards each other bursting into fits of giggles which then turned into screams as Peter Hale popped from behind Mr. Monroe's sit and picked both girls up.

"Uncle Peter!" The two yelled in unison as he spun them around earning a symphony of chuckles from the audience. The Hale boy set his nieces down surveying them with a mischievous grin as both girls stared at him wide eyed with anticipation as to what was cooking up in his brain of his. He stalked closer and closer to them as the two continued to back away from him. Peter shot his hands out reaching for them only for him to snap them back in place. He stood from his position all hints of amusement and mischief draining from his face. "Uncle Pe-" His hand covered Zoe's mouth as he signalled for her to be quiet.

Although both girls were young even they could tell something dangerous was about to happen. The Monroe girl gulped her eyes frantically looking from Peter's angry expression, to her dad's concerned look, and her aunt Talia's nervous fidgeting. The change from their pleasant demeanor to a guarding one only caused the young Monroe to shake in fear. She watched as her dad sent a slight nod towards the older Hale and moved his sight towards the three. The older Monroe sent a reassuring smile as if to say everything would be alright, though Zoe was not sure if that was more for her or himself she smiled back at him.

"Peter-" Talia stood up from her seat and started towards the young ones until an explosion had sent her flying back and flames had barricaded the elders from their young ones. Peter turned around only to be met by the shaking figures of Cora and Zoe. He latched onto their tiny hands and pulled them away as the continuous fire began to spread. His lungs felt as if they would collapse at any moment but the thought of his young nieces perishing at such a young age pushed him to keep moving.

A piece of the ceiling fell blocking the original path he had wanted to take. Both girls let out screams as they looked around noticing that they were trapped it and they, too, would be joining their parents soon. The oldest Hale present grunted in pain as he used his supernatural to pick the barrier up, he stared at the two with sadness. "Go." He instructed them as the wild fire began to lick his face, tempting him with death. They shook their heads not wanting to leave him behind. "Go." He repeated in a louder voice causing both girls to jump in fright, everything around them was falling apart and his body was giving up. If he could only hold onto life a little further to make sure they got out to safety.

His eyes were drooping as smoke consumed his lungs, Peter watched as Cora and Zoe slid under the pathway he had created and gave out letting the raging flames consume him. Both girls were reaching fresh air when the Monroe child stopped abruptly and turned to face the burning home. Cora watched in confusion and tugged at her sleeve so they could continue onto safety. "Zo, come on. We gotta go." She urged for her to snap out of her haze as the flames snapped at their feet.

The flames reached out for her as if they were calling for her to grasp onto them. Zoe shot her hand out and grabbed onto them. Cora continued to yell out her name, first in pain then in desperation, only for it to fall deaf to her ears. Everything hurt as it proceeded to envelop her provoking screams to exit from her. Her vision had long since been clouded by sparks of red, orange, and yellow. All she could do was scream and let her best friend watch her suffer. "Zoe!" Her body shook as Cora's unceasing yells pounded through her skull.

The word begin to distort and alter itself. Wake up. Wake up. Wake up. "Zoe!" Aiden's voice finally went through to her as she shot up from her never ending nightmare. The teen wolf's hands cupped her face as tears continued to flow out. "I-Aiden- I-" He brought her into a hug and rubbed her back in circular motions. "Shh..." The Monroe teen latched onto him tightly as if he would disappear if she let go. Since joining the pack, Aiden had always been there to help with her reoccurring night terrors. Comforting each other, in more ways then one, became a habit for the two teenagers.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked softly after her choppy breathing had slowed down to a smooth pattern. Zoe shook her head at his question, although they were close she had never confided in him about the day she had lost everything she held dear to her. "No." Her voice cracked a little from the crying she had done. "No, I'm fine. It was just a bad dream." He hummed in response and laid a kiss on the top of her head. "Okay.." He hesitated for a moment, knowing well enough that she was the opposite of fine. "Rest up. We have a big day tomorrow."