Chapter 1

A young boy walks down the street. Beaten down and broken. His clothes tattered and his hair dirty, messy. Yet the smile never left his crying face. He could not see the people walking with him or away from him. They watched, smiling as well.

 He walked more and more, coming to a campsite. He smiled more, crying more.

"Guys!" He waves, his bloody wrist dripping and slinging blood around. 

They don't hear him. They ignore him. 

"Guys! You got out!" He runs up to them. 

They ignored him. 

"Guys?" 

They snapped their head towards him. Eyes hallow, mouths bloodied. They transformed into large creatures. Teeth as sharp as glass, hands turning into sharp formations. They all screeched. 

The boy backed away and ran. Not again. Never again. 

He ran until he couldn't anymore. He keep walking slowly. He couldn't stop. Cars passed him, but not one dared to ask if he needed a ride. No one trusted the boy's friend to not get mad at them. The boy again could not see them so he just trekked along. 

"Go. Go. Go." The small voice in his head said. He nodded each time, having more more energy with every step.

The boy found a farm house. It looked like someone lived here but he couldn't be bothered to worry about humans. He chugged the water, stuffed his mouth, and fixed his wounds. He goes to walk out the door but he collapses near the back door due to his exhaustion, finally. 

A young boy walks up to his home, frowning. His back yearned for a break. The wood he carried could be a ton at this point, but he needed the fire. He set the last of the logs in the storage and makes his way inside his home. 

"What the hell?" He walks to the mess of food and water on the floor. He follows the blood trail, gun in hand. He finds it ends at the bathroom. 

"My first aid kit.." he shoots around and looks at the form of a boy on his floor. "Idiot." He pokes the boy and makes sure he's breathing. He brings him upstairs and lays him in bed. He covers him up. 

"Next time you won't be so lucky." 

The younger of the too laughs exhausted. "I was close." 

"Close to dying." 

"Close to them." 

"Tomorrow no wandering. I need help with hunting." He brushes the hair from the younger's face. 

He nods, "Okay Gav. I'll stay. They can wait." 

"Yes they can. Now get some rest." 

"Gav, wait..can we sleep together?" 

"Lu-" Gav starts. 

"Please?" Lu whines in a dramatic yet sleepy way.

"Fine Lu..I need to clean but go get in my bed. It's bigger." 

"Big man needs a big bed." Lu gets up following Gav

"Yeah just like you need a damn crib, ya damn baby." He tucks Lu into bed again. His bed this time. 

"Ooo ouch, Mr. Dran. That stung a bit~" 

Gav smiled. "Weirdo." He kisses his head and goes downstairs to clean. He hums to himself as he scrubs the floor clean of the sticky syrup that was used on everything. That's how Lu loved his foods smothered in sugar. It made Gav smile. 

Gav looks up from the floor and almost screams. He quickly yet quietly grabs his gun. He points it at the malnourished, contorted creature at the doorway. He pulls the trigger, hitting its heart dead on. A skill that only came with practice. It falls with a loud thud and falls down the basement stairs. 

Gav quickly seals the door and carves the symbols on it. The same symbols he had on his body. The same on Lu's. 

Speaking of, Gav turns and looks at the shaken Lu. He runs over and hugs him, petting his head. He doesn't flinch when Lu hugs back tighter. The small man scared he lost him. 

Gav lifts Lu up and throws him over his shoulder. He carries him to bed, laying with. He gently sings while rubbing circles in his thighs. 

Lu falls asleep fast. Gav is a lot slower to let his body rest, but he eventually does. As he rests, another five are killed. Another three are formed. Another one is burned. Chaos is spreading. It is no longer the town's problem. 

We were right.