Introduction!!!

Hello!!! I am author,,, in order to make this story fit more into the plot that I'm making, I will change a few rules in the mermaid melody universe and add some uwu

1.) Mermaids, no matter what age, can come up to the surface and be human as long as they have supervision.

2.) All Mermaids in their human form are with gray eyes.

3.) Mermaids can mate with Humans. Their child will turn out half a mermaid and half human, they can breathe underwater fine except they don't have mermaid tails, only scales or sometimes, none at all. The only exception is that if they're a prince/princess, even if they're half they will have a tail.

4.) People still don't know about Mermaids despite quirks, there are Mermaids up the surface that no one knows about, some Mermaids decide to stay on land instead of water.

5.) Mermaids physically are not able to tell if they're Mermaids or not, even if they can they will be turned into bubbles, that's why they are gifted a curse to never be able to tell anyone if they're Mermaids or not. If a human figures it out on their own that their friend is a mermaid, the mermaid doesn't turn into bubbles but they still can't answer the question directly.

6.) If a mermaid doesn't have their necklace with them. They are unable to sing in the right tune, they also can't turn into a mermaid or into an idol form.

7.) Mermaids need to return back into the water every now and then or they'll end up dry and scabby and weird and their color will slowly fade.

8.) All Mermaids have idol forms.

9.) Mermaids can be boys, and there can be a prince ruler, not only a princess.

10.) Half Mermaids are legible to rule

11.) Half Mermaids can have quirks, pure mermaids do not have quirks.

Abilities of a Mermaid ( they don't have these all except for the princes/princesses however, they usually are only extremely good in one thing ( or two ) and mediocre for the rest )

Hypnosis
Charming
Communication to sea creatures ( this, all Mermaids have this )
Emitting shockwaves from their voice
Breathe under water and survive all sorts of pressure under water
Temperature doesn't affect them
Imitate voice and sounds
Change into different human forms ( just the same hair color and eyes )
Shriek like a banshee if needed // scream very loud
Cure people with their voice
Cast curses with their voice
Command even humans with their voice

A Mermaids ability gets stronger and stronger with their emotions.

If there are any other abilities that will be added to the story, I will update this, but for now, these are the abilities that Mermaids might have. That's all!!!