Chapter 4 : Hero Gala

// that's sort of what I imagined Izuku's idol form looks like??? It's just the sketch for now I'll make a permanent version later probably uwu ( let me know your thoughts on it, if I should add more or less or something so I can make a permanent design soon ~~ )

Shoto and Izuku has become somewhat friends, Shoto comes to visit him every Wednesday, seemingly opening up more and more to Izuku. He seemed to smile more around the greenette, bringing him gifts every now and then. Trinkets and charms that Izuku makes sure to keep hidden. The half and half male thinks that Izuku lives strictly on water and likes to tell him stories about the earth's history he thinks the mermaid doesn't know. Ofcourse Izuku knows everything that he's saying but just for the sake of making the half and half teen smile as he teaches him, he acts clueless to it.

He sometimes brings fruits and weird snacks he found somewhere, sodas and milk bottles and different consumables that he thinks Izuku will enjoy ( and he does ), Izuku particularly likes the tea ceremony cakes and rakugans Shoto brings him and it seems that Shoto notices, always bringing him atleast one of the stuff when he visits. In return, sometimes Izuku dives deep into the sea and brings him the most colorful shells of pearls he can find. He blushes a bit at the thought as these are gifts given to a mermaid you're trying to court, Shoto doesn't need to know that though.

Izuku gets a bit chatty about the life underwater as well so that Shoto won't be the only one sharing their story, he seems just as happy listening as he is, talking about their culture on land. Shoto always insists on staying up, however, Izuku always makes him return back at midnight, he doesn't want the teen to turn groggy the next morning, if he refuses to leave, Izuku atleast sings him a lullaby to put him to sleep, he doesn't like doing it that much since he's not aware of what will happen to Shoto once he leaves but it's the only way to make sure he gets a full night of rest.

Aside from that, ever since they moved up to the third year of their junior high, it seems that Katsuki and Shoto has had it rougher, Katsuki is going to UA and Shoto is planning to do the same, they're been training a lot more, sometimes, Shoto doesn't even visit him sometimes but when he does, he makes sure to apologize profusely, bringing along more gifts than necessary. Izuku can't blame them but he can't help but feel a bit lonely, even if he's somewhat popular online and in real life, it gets a bit boring to talk to a person when they're too hesitant to bring up topics to him or when all they want to do is gush about him, it's nice to hear compliments but hearing nothing but compliments is kind of sad.

It's kind of boring, since his mom already enrolled him to a private school and he has nothing else to worry about. Atleast until now, he was watching the tv when the news came in, his shell glowed brightly, a group of people, assumed to be with a water type quirk was seen, causing destruction to some buildings and his eyes widened. Those were water demons! They were singing some sort of song that causes the buildings around them to crumble- what were water demons doing up here in the surface?! Didn't the previous generation of mermaid princesses wipe them out?

Also, he's sure that there are no more Phantalassas left on this planet, atleast no one left who would do anything bad, it's been a couple generations, maybe they're slowly populating the world again, also, who could they be serving? Either way, he has no time to lose, he runs out of their apartment, making sure that he's wearing his shell necklace with him, he runs to an area, close to the area where the water demons are attacking, making a turn to an alleyway. Thankfully they destroyed all the cameras around already.

He transforms into his idol form, he doesn't know why but their transformations always take awhile! The enemy isn't going to wait! Why is it so long? When he arrived there, his eyes widened as he sees two other idols there, one with light purple hair and one with dark violet, they stared for each other for a moment before the water demons started singing again, ugh, their music is so distasteful!