VI

MYSTERY GIRL!

MYSTERY GIRL!

Jamey thought the plan was stupid. Stupid and ineffective. But then again, she was stupid for agreeing to help the enemy. After this was all over she would reassess her standards and get back to her mission, but nothing is ever that simple.

Jamey had thought that Five's brother Klaus was a light. The moment she met him she knew that he was the comic relief of the family. He reminded her of a kid she had met when she attended public school. Fun and flamboyant. Careless but caring enough to help in return for attention. Unfortunately, he had gotten himself twisted up in the same shit that Klaus had, and punched his own ticket at age 16. Graveyards are sick places.

Jamey sat in the white cushioned chair of Mr. Big's office in boredom, while Five tortured the man with questions. Klaus sat next to her, staring off into space, not part of the equation at all, it seemed. Then again, neither was she.

"Like I said to your son earlier, any information about the prosthetics we build is strictly confidential. Without the client's consent, I simply can't help you," the doctor explained as Five paced around the room irritably.

"Well we can't get consent if you don't give us a name," Five seethed leaning on the desk. Jamey felt bad for the poor man. He was only doing his job, and being screamed at for it by a kid in schoolboy shorts was a shitty way to start off your day.

"Well, that's not my problem. Sorry. Now, there's really nothing more I can do, so-"

In the corner of her eye, Jamey saw Klaus perk up and sit up straight. She had only known him for a couple minutes, but she had a feeling that he was going to do something that would send this whole plan spiraling.

"And what about my consent?" Klaus asked, hands folded in his lap with formality.

"Excuse me?"

"Who gave you permission...to lay your hands...on my children?" Klaus fake-cried dramatically. Jamey raised an eyebrow with confusion and turned to him.

"What?" Jamey, Five, and the doctor questioned in unison.

"You heard me." Jamey's eyes flicked to Five with noticeable vigilant, who stared back at her with perplexity.

"I didn't touch your son. Or your daughter."

"Oh, really? Well then how did he get that swollen lip, then?"