Vol. 4

T.W.: blood, self harm

(And a lot of crying)

Roman had planned to take a closer look at his wings, but he forgot one thing. Patton was a stay at home dad. Roman told himself he would just wait until night.

Then his back started to hurt.

~~Present day~~

Roman followed Patton as the dad carried Virgil to the couch.

"So what do you wanna do kiddo?" Patton asked.

Roman just shrugged, watching the slow rise and fall of his brothers chest.

"Are you okay Ro?" Patton asked, sitting next to the boy.

Roman sighed, "Virgil hurt his hand somehow, but he wouldn't show me. What if it's really bad?"

Patton gave him a small smile, "I'll take a look and if he's hurt I'll heal him, okay?"

Roman nodded. Patton took Virgil's hand and turned it over. The palm of his hand was an angry red. Roman felt his heart drop. He did this.

"There, all fixed." Patton said, the blue light fading from his hand.

Roman sighed and nodded. Then a sharp pain shot through his back. He gasped softly.

"Are you okay kiddo?" Patton asked.

Roman nodded quickly, standing up, "I'm gonna head to my room, I have some homework."

"Oh, okay!" Patton said, "I'll be down here if you need anything."

Roman nodded and ran up the stairs, his wings aching to get out. He nearly slammed the door to his room, throwing off his jacket and shirt. His wings sprouted from his back and he sighed in relief.

The boy took a close look at his wings. What had previously been gold had changed to a bright red and what had been a dark red was now pure white. Other than that, every scale was the same. Even the ones that looked like the constellation Gemini.

Roman sighed flopped face first into his bed, letting his wings stretch on either side of him. Why did he have to be like this? Why did he have to be a Dragon-Witch?

Roman went to his bag and grabbed a pair of scissors, walking over to his full length mirror. He raised the blade of the scissors to the joint of his wing and pressed down hard.

"Roman!"

The boy whirled around in panic. Patton was standing in the doorway, tears in his eyes.

"P-patton..." Romans vision blurred with tears.

Patton walked over and pulled the boy into a tight hug. Roman broke down. He sobbed into Patton's shoulder, clutching Patton's shirt like his life depended on it.

"Ro, you're okay," Patton said, "what's wrong?"

"I-I didn't want- I didnt want you to s-see them." Roman hiccuped, "I-I hate them. I hate that I'm a stupid Dragon-Witch!"

"Ro..." Patton ran his fingers through the boys hair, "how have you been hiding them?"

"I-I can m-make them dissapear, b-but it hurts after- after a while." Roman sniffled, "I want them gone."

Patton sighed, "is that why you had the scissors?"

Roman nodded.

"Can I look at them?" Patton asked.

Roman hesitated, but nodded. He pulled away from the hug and sat on the bed. Patton sat behind him, softly touching the scars on Roman's back.

"Oh Roman..." Patton sighed, "Did you do that is to yourself?"

Roman shook his head and rubbed his eyes, "n-not all of it..."

Patton rubbed Roman's shoulder, "who hurt you?"

Roman whimpered, but didn't say anything. Patton noticed the signs and knelt in front of the boy.

"Its okay Ro, you don't have to tell me." Patton said, wiping a tear off Roman's cheek.

Roman nodded and leaned into Patton's touch.

"Patton?" Roman croaked after a few minutes, "are... do you hate me now?"

"What? No!" Patton exclaimed, pulling Roman into a tight hug, "No, I could never hate you."

"S-so you're not gonna leave me?" Roman asked.

"No Roman," Patton told him, "we're never going to leave you."

Roman nodded, starting to sob again. Patton just held him, letting the boy cry.

"Ro?" Patton asked once he pulled away, "You managed to get a good sized cut on your wing, can I fix it?"

"I-I guess..." Roman whispered.

Patton nodded and his hand started glowing. He hovered over the cut. Roman felt a tingly feeling, like the feeling of a cat purring right over the wound. Then it was gone.

"There." Patton smiled softly, "All better."

"Thanks Dad." Roman said quietly, giving Patton a small smile.

"I love you, you know that?" Patton asked, "wings and all."

Roman smiled and nodded, "yeah Dad, I know."

Patton smiled back, "Okay. Why don't we go get some food and see if Virge has woken up yet? Then we can watch some Disney?"

Roman nodded eagerly.

Patton chuckled, "Okay kiddo. Let's go."

(Ok, little authors note. If y'all wanna follow me on Tumblr, my Tumblr is dra-logan-w and I have recently started writing from prompts (mostly Sanders sides) on there, so if ya wanna check those out, there ya go)