Chapter eight

Ben growled some, struggling under Glitch's weight, his ethereal strength leaving him and making him helpless.

Fuck

He was helpless now, the fact that he was currently so weak didnt help him either

"Let me up!"

"No"

It was clear that she wasn't budging and Ben sighed

"okay...okay look you win...let me up and I won't kill you or your mom"

There was a noise down the hall

"izzy? Sweetie are you alright?"

Glitch's eyes widened and she jumped up and off of Ben "y-yeah Im fine I just...had a nightmare but its okay now...um..dont come in"

"But izzy-"

"Mom seriously Im changing clothes too so..."

"Oh alright..." They heard her mom move back down the hallway

"You....didnt tell her about me?"

Glitch turned toward the blond intruder "she wouldn't believe me....why didnt you leave?"

"Well....erm..I can't..." He rubbed the back of his neck "its complicated....Im basically running away from 'home'."

"So...the game?"

"No don't be stupid I don't live in that thing..."

Glitch cocked her head "you don't...?"

"Im not answering a bunch of stupid questions its too complicated for a human to understand" Ben sat down on the bed

Glitch huffed "Im not stupid guy"

"I've already told you, its Ben"

"I could really care less"

Ben rolled his eyes, and stood up again, grabbing his game from the N64 and heading for the window

"as much as I'd love to kill you right now, I don't have my sword, and I need to put as much distance between here, and myself as possible"

Glitch raised an eyebrow "why?"

"Because I don't want to go back"

"Go back where?"

"Christ, whats with you and asking useless questions?"

Before Ben could exit, she'd grabbed his collar and yanked him back "are we in danger cause of your ass?"

"Yes you are" Ben growled "worse things than me are coming your way now and you can't stop it, so do me a favor and fuck off"

"Huh...so like..you can't use your ghosty powers anymore?"

"Well....n-no not really"

That was all she needed, she punched him quite roughly in the stomach "Thats for my shoulder you asshat!"

Ben growled grabbing Glitch's arm and twisting them around so she was pinned with her back to his chest "I can still hurt you y'know Im just choosing not to..."

She struggled, which only caused pain to fire up in her shoulder "f-fuck"

Ben grinned "this hurts...good.." He murmured pushing her away "now do me a favor and forget I was here alright?"

"And why would I do you any favors"

Ben rolled his eyes "because if you don't I'll just kill you...easy"

Glitch sighed, rubbing her temple "fine...whatever..."

There was a pause and a moment of thick silence, Ben took in the rest of her room, all the different gaming and movie posters, the mess of covers that probably should be on her bed, and the overall tone of the room. Dark yet bubbly, I reminded him of the 'home' he was running from, and the person he left behind.

"Uh...earth to Creep..?"

Ben blinked, refocusing back on the girl in front of him and said quickly "I-I didnt mean to zone there" he rubbed the back of his neck

As much as Glitch really didnt care she couldn't get past how jittery and nervous he seemed "is...something wrong?"

"Why do you care?"

Ben narrowed his eyes his tone returning to normal

"I don't...you just seemed like less of an ass for two seconds" she folded her arms

He didnt answer, just moved back to the window and jumping out. And he was gone.

"Well fucking fine..." Glitch sighed, thinking back to the danger he promised "he was...probably just trying to spook me..."

She didnt know how wrong she was..