ix. i missed ivy, not you

 i missed ivy, not you

irl!

there stood mia and payton, the best of friends they could be. she looked at chase's door, not knowing why she was scared exactly, it was her boyfriend for god's sake, she shouldn't be scared. mia haven't seen him for two months, well except of facetime, she missed him and he missed her, it was a mutual feeling. payton waited with her, giving her time to adjust after not being able to see him for two months. she held a brown paper bag, the bag filled with snacks and sweet treats, having a little spree in a grocery store near where he lived. "are you scared, mia?"

"no, it's just that i haven't seen him in a while, it's just surreal, that's all. well, that but with a bunch of butterflies in my stomach," she nodded, letting payton press his doorbell, the two friends standing patiently for someone to answer the door, and once the door was open wide and his face was shown to her, she put the bag down and engulfed him in a hug, jumping onto him as she wrapped her legs around his waist, taking in the scent she missed. she looked into his eyes, those bright blue eyes she fell for, seeing him give her a toothy grin, then proceeding to give her a peck on the lips. she got off of him and let payton through, seeing him with the bag. "i missed you." she mumbled, wrapping her arms around her waist, snuggling into his chest and taking in his scent.

"and i missed you too." he breathed out, kissing the top of her head, soon getting dragged off into the kitchen by his girlfriend, seeing her take out the things she and payton bought before going to his house. his dog then came running into the kitchen, giving a jumpy welcome to mia, the girl crouching down and grabbed the dog, standing back up and gave a wide grin to her.

"oh ivy, how i missed you! chase, dear, i missed ivy, not you, sorry," he gave her a fake pout, mia letting out a giggle before putting ivy back down onto the ground to let her roam around the house. "so, payton and i bought some snacks and stuff, so if you get hungry, just take whatever you want." she shrugged, unpacking the rest of the snacks and placing them into a pantry. mia walked out of the kitchen, chase trailing behind her and sat down onto the couch. the three watched tv, having random topics and telling horrible jokes, meaning they all laughed at how bad it was.

"hm, you don't deserve getting hated on, you're a kind and genuine person." he mumbled, a small smile growing on my face, running my fingers through his hair. i hummed in response, looking at the side of his face in admiration.

"it's fine, chase. my feelings aren't hurt, i can fully understand if someone doesn't like me, not everyone has to. i honestly don't care, i have everyone i love and they love me, so that's all i need instead of everyone having the need to adore me." mia chuckled at the thought of everyone adoring, it was simply just too unrealistic. she was an understanding person, so of course she understood if everyone didn't like her, even her parents taught her that. she dealt with it, with everyone not liking her. chase smiled at her reaction, admiring one of the many qualities the girl had. he fiddled with her hand, his head on her lap as she focused on the tv, laughing occasionally along with payton. her loved her laughs, it was one of his favorite sounds, that laugh that he was finally reunited with after a long two months.

one of mia's hand stroked chase's hair, enjoying the feeling. she looked more deeply into chase, observing his face closely, that smile she loved, the blue eyes she always longed for, the distinct smell of him she favored. she loved everything about him, she loved him, but she didn't need to tell him that. it was too early to say those three words, she could get hurt at any moment, though she trusted him fully. she didn't have to tell him, she could show it through actions, giving him her affection and love, but it was what all girlfriends do. something that faltered her smile was how he felt. she knew how bad he felt, he wasn't happy, but she warmed his heart, he would get flustered when he saw her. though he was unhappy, not because of her, it was everything but her. she was his safe spot, always asking him how he felt, getting more into depth when he would lie about his feelings, genuinely caring about him. though she remembered what her mother told her, 'love makes you do crazy things' that didn't stick with her. if love had made people do crazy things, then perhaps love drove her mother and father apart. shared custody, something she dearly wanted to get used to.

she had a stepfather, though he wasn't as genuine as her biological father, but of course, she wouldn't think that he considered her as his own. she then wasn't sure what love was. they had shared custody over her, so she would move from mother to father to mother to father each week. mia looked back at chase, seeing how he smiled even if he was hurting, her chest having a tight squeeze. she wasn't sure how someone so genuine, kind, and amazing could be hurting so much without having to show it. he wouldn't want to bother her, but she always reassured him saying how much she didn't mind listening to him ramble on about his feelings. she wanted to make him know that he could tell her anything at anytime. she ran her fingers through his hair, enjoying the comfort and the warm feeling he gave her.

"i'm going to call it a day, i'll see you two lovebirds in the morning." the couple nodded at payton, letting him go into the guest room. they didn't know that it was night, it seemed as if the day had just flew by without a warning. the two just stayed on the couch, letting the tv in the background be faint as they had their usual midnight conversations where they both talk about random things that they won't remember in the morning. then when they wake up, they have a cup of coffee together, though they would usually do it over facetime and would tell each other about their plans for the day. it was the same thing over and over again, mia never got bored of their routine. she got used to waking up early in the morning to chase trying to facetime her, she would always answer his call and would lead him through her morning routine.

"let's head to sleep, we can wake each other up in the morning." chase nodded and took his head off oh her lap, the both of them walking into his room while mia walked into the bathroom, grabbing a pair of shorts and a tee to sleep in, the both of them laying on his bed staring at the ceiling while talking to each other until they both slept.

margot's corner!
here's a chapter with just plain old writing !! i hope it didn't suck too much but i hope you guys enjoyed it. oh my god and thanks for 300+ reads !! i literally hit 200+ yesterday and now i'm at 300+ and almost at 400 !! ugh you guys are the literal best !!