Good Fun Or Betrayal? (Chapter 19)

~Sunday~

~Tsukiyama's P.O.V.~

"Kaneki..? Kaneki?" I called out his name to catch his attention.

"Hm? O-Oh! Sorry, you were saying?"

"What's bothering you my friend?"

"Oh, nothing; but may I ask you something?"

"Sure, go ahead."

"I was just wondering what you and Rize used to talk about."

"Uh, Ms. Kamishiro. As I said before, we were both partial to reading. Dining was also our favorite topic."

~Flashback~

"Thank you, Tsukiyama. I appreciate the invitation. But I have no interest in your group of VIP food snobs, it's just not my speed." Rize said.

"Tell me, why would you deny yourself the taste of quality?!"

"As long as you fit your meals on a plate, that won't do it for me. Now, don't get me wrong; nothing makes a good binge better than a nice, delectable prime cut. It's just the thought of ghouls creating highbrow versions of their entrées. It sounds more like a sick joke in high society, wouldn't you say?" She chuckled.

~End Of Flashback~

That ignoble sow! How dare she mock my dining!

I growled as the grip on my cup got tighter causing it to break.

"W-Wow! Are you okay?!" Kaneki asked as he leaned his hand over my cup, accidentally catching one of the glass shards in his finger causing it to bleed.

"Ow!"

"My apologies, I can't believe I was so careless!" I said while rushing over to his side and placing my handkerchief over his cut hand.

"It's alright, it's just a little cut; nothing major."

"I'll tell you what, Kaneki. Let me make this up to you. Ms. Kamishiro's favorite hangout isn't very far from here. Would you like to see it?"

"That is one way to get to know her. Sure, let's go."

"Great, we should head there now. No time like the present. How's your finger holing up?"

"I think the bleeding stopped, but I got your handkerchief dirty. Let me wash it real fa-"

Before I could let him finish his sentence, I snatched my handkerchief off his hand.

"Oh, please, I couldn't allow you to clean a mess that I made. Don't worry, it's in good hands. Now, if you'll excuse me." I said while walking away making my way to the restroom.

When I made it to the restroom, I looked at myself in the mirror and let out a releaving sigh.

"I almost slipped up. Another spook like that, and this fawn will scurry out of sight. Be cool. Smooth and steady, that's the ticket. Shuu Tsukiyama, the wait is almost over." I said out loud to myself as I brought my handkerchief up to my nose and began to inhale the intoxicating scent.

"Such a tender and mellow harmony. A sheer ravishing elation of discovering this rare treat! It's as if I can touch the stars!" I yelled out as I began to laugh uncontrollably, causing my head to drop backwards.

~Later That Day~

~Kaneki's P.O.V.~
"Okay, why did he have me take a shower again?" I asked myself.

"Mr. Kaneki." A man in a mask said from outside the shower.

"Uh, y-yeah?"

"I've left some fresh clothes here for you. I hope they're to your liking."