PART TEN

Christopher Rodriquez' POV

Four months later,

I saw Ashley sitting in the couch and lost. She had a pen and diary in her hand.

"What is it?" I asked sitting next to her. She was surprised.

"No. Nothing. Stop peeping into my diary." She said closing the diary.

"I'm not talking about the diary. It is about you. You have been dull and lost lately." For past two-three days, she was never in the mood to talk.

"Nothing Christopher. It is just the pregnancy hormones. Don't worry." She reassured as I nodded.

"Okay then, I will come early today. We will go, pick up Olivia and go to Ice-cream shop. Is it okay?" I asked her.

"Yeah." She said looking away.

"Ashley!" She turned. "Can I stay? I don't think you are fine." I said. It worried me that she isn't responding properly and it gave me a bad vibe. It just didn't feel right.

"I'm fine, Christopher. And the baby is fine too. Don't worry." She hugged me.

"And I know there is an important meeting today, so don't forget to eat." She said adjusting my tie. I kissed her on the forehead and belly.

~

I called her before I went to the meeting to check once. It was half way through the meeting and I got the call from her.

"Christopher, baby is not moving. There is no movement." A tremble ran through my body as I heard that. I felt a hard punch in my gut. As if the mind went blank, I wasn't able to speak a word. Ashley crying on the other side made me pull up myself.

"I'm coming, right now." I said and drove to Rodriquez Mansion. I called the ambulance on my way.

I saw the trails of blood splatter through-out the floor of the bedroom. I called her out and got no response. I followed the blood spots to find Ashley crunched on the floor. The pool of blood surrounding her.

Ashley was there fighting for her life in my arms. She told that she loves me and misses Olivia. I heard her my name for one last time.

"Ashley. Don't do this to me. Please wake up. Please don't do this to me. At least for Angel's sake please wake up. If Olivia asks me, what will I tell her? Please, don't do this to me." I said unable to believe she is there lifeless in my arms.

I let her lie on the floor and clutch my legs burying my head in it.

It was suffocating, even the thought of her absence. I blued thinking how it is going to be after this.

And Olivia. My heart felt her need to be right here.

The police and ambulance came. I got her to the operation theatre. They tried to defibrillate but it didn't help. They removed the baby from her womb and wrapped it in a cloth.

The doctor came and explained me about her death was due to sudden distress and it was a boy.

He was dead. I sat on the chair outside and Ester came with Olivia. I asked my bodyguards to take her to the mansion and stayed back for the formalities.

We had funeral the next day. The media showed up but took at most care not to enrage me.

Olivia was made to see her mother one last time in the bedroom. The arrangement was made just make sure Olivia doesn't question afterwards. I was carrying Olivia in my arms and told her that her mother was sleeping.

The funeral took place.

I kissed her one last time as she was buried. The tomb with her name carved in it.