sleepy

It was another day at the orphanage. Sunlight filtered through the windows into the shared bedroom. Morning already? I wanna sleep more, honestly.

Sadly, I couldn't, as Emma and a few younger kids jumped on to my bed. "(Y/n), wake up wake up wake up!!!" Well they're energetic as always. Can't exactly say the same for myself, I was a bit lazy when it came to mornings, but here I didn't necessarily hate them.

I groaned and poked my face put from under the covers. "Can't I sleep a little bit more?" I grumbled, but reached for my glasses on the drawer next to me anyways.

After putting the glasses on, I could now see Emma's face more clearly. Her green eyes were bright in the warm sun, and her orange locks fell messily in her face. She had the biggest smile. "Come on..!"

"Alright, alright, I'm getting up now," I said, pushing Emma off me as the younger kids squealed and giggled, jumping off my bed.

I sighed, getting up and out of bed and washing my face, combing my hair, doing all the stuff that I normally did after waking up. Pulling my hair into the normal low and messy ponytail, I trudged into the main hallways of the orphanage.

"Good morning, everyone!!" I could hear Emma shout, as she ran into the dining room with Phil on her back. I smiled at the happy sight.

"Morning!" I chirped, still a bit tired but content nonetheless.

"Good morning, Emma!"

".. Morning."

We all sat at the large dining tables. I took my usual spot beside Norman, and my mouth watered at all the delicious food that had been prepared on the table. Freshly baked bread, soups, and freshly squeezed juice. Mom rang a bell. "We're right on time," she said happily.

Our ordinary life was the happiest, and I would never want to replace it for anything else. I love everyone here, especially Mom, Emma, Ray, and Norman!

"Thank you for the meal!"

•°•°•time skip•°•°•

I groaned. "That was so hard?!! I'm pretty sure I got only 70% of it!! Norman, can you like, tutor me or something?!!!"

"Hey, don't go complaining if you got at least 70%! I understood only half of it!!" I heard another kid shout. Well, I'm sorry that I want to improve my scores.

I turned and stuck my tongue out to whoever said that. "Well, I'm sorry for wanting to not be the stupidest in my friend group."

I felt someone's hand on my head for a moment and turned. "You kinda already are," Ray said with a smirk as he walked by me.

"HEY!! Take that back!" I jumped out of my seat and chased after him.

We had just finished our daily test. Just the usual. Norman Emma and Ray were once again, praised for getting perfect scores, while I just got my average scores. At least I'm improving a bit, but it's still frustrating.

"Heyyy! Norman!" I ran over to Norman and he flinched at my sudden appearance.

"O-oh, it's just you," he muttered. "What is it, (Y/n)?"

"Can you help me get my grades up? Please???" I pleaded.

"Oh, uh–"

"I can ask Emma too, and who knows, maybe you could use this as a bonding moment– don't worry I'll help you," I leaned close to his ear and whispered, making him flush red. I backed away and snickered. I'm pretty sure he had a thing for Emma, and judging by his reaction whenever I do this, I'm correct.