𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙡𝙤𝙜𝙪𝙚, 𝖿𝗋𝗂𝖾𝗇𝖽𝗌𝗁𝗂𝗉

Valorie Queens and Freddy Freeman had been best friends for quite some time

Valorie Queens and Freddy Freeman had been best friends for quite some time. It started with their first conversation when they were walking home from school one day.

It was about 2 years ago on a Friday. The final bell had rung and school was let out for the weekend.

Valorie left the school and started walking home when she noticed a boy walking ahead of her.

He was alone just like she was. The girl didn't have any friends so she thought that maybe he could be her friend.

She quickened her pace to catch up with him. When she managed to fall in step beside him, she spoke up. "Hey, I'm Valorie."

The boy was startled as he turned his head to look at her. He was silent for a moment before he introduced himself. "I'm Freddy."

Valorie smiled at him. "Do you mind if I walk with you?"

"Not at all."

They talked the whole time they were walking home.

Valorie hadn't talked so freely with someone before.

They stopped walking in front of a blue two-story house when Valorie said, "this is my house."

Freddy looked at her surprised and slowly started to smile.

Valorie furrowed her eyebrows as she stared at him. "It's creepy when you do that. What?"

"We live right next to each other and never noticed," Freddy said to her in slight shock

Valorie's eyes widened and then she grinned. "That's so cool. We can hang out more."

"Yeah, you should meet my family. They'll be shocked to find out I have an actual friend."

Valorie laughed. "I'd love to."

That one conversation would lead to a strong friendship and they would soon become the best of friends.

Valorie had been living next to the group home for a few years. She moved in with her aunt and uncle at the age of 10 after her parents passed away.

Valorie never knew how her parents died. Whenever she asked her aunt and uncle about their deaths they found a way to get out of answering. She figured that it was simply too sad for them to think about. All she knew was that they weren't coming back.

Valorie's aunt and uncle kept three very crucial secrets hidden from her.

One; they knew how her parents died.

Two; they knew about the existence of magic.

Three; they knew that there was a possibility of Valorie getting some powers of her own.

Despite knowing this, they still chose to keep Valorie in the dark about everything.

Her parents had decided to tell her about her gift, but not until the time was right. Not until she was truly ready.