Chapter 15 : Never Again Until Tonight

Never Again Until Tonight

1988

Michael's POV

I walked back into the house after standing in the rain crying for nearly an hour. I went to my room and lay on my stomach on the bed. The bed that Amanda and I had shared, now she was gone. Amanda didn't even leave a note; there was no explanation for her leaving. I missed her already, I wanted to just hold her in my arms and tell her that everything would be okay, and that I wasn't leaving her. What was she thinking? I was leaving her to go on tour, I would be back. I didn't invite because I would be doing the wedding planning when I wasn't performing, I wanted the actual wedding to be a complete surprise.

But no, she had to leave, leave me behind. I thought that I had finally found the one who would love me for the rest of my life. Now I was probably never going to see her again.

Amanda's POV

The rain was pattering softly on my car's windows on my way back to San Diego. I don't know what made me leave Michael. I don't know what came over me, I'm just confused. You know, maybe my fears of him up and leaving me one day finally got to me. I never wanted to see him again though, I was too devastated, too embarrassed. I finally pulled into my apartment building, grabbed my stuff from the trunk, and ran inside.

After I put all my things away, I sat on the couch, thinking. I got up from the couch and turned on my stereo and skipped the first few songs. I closed my eyes as Michael's voice filled the room.

I Just Want To Lay Next To You for Awhile

You Look So Beautiful Tonight

Your Eyes Are So Lovely

Your Mouth Is So Sweet

A Lot of People misunderstand me

That's because they don't know Me At All

I Just Want To Touch You

And Hold You

I Need You

God I Need You

I Love You So Much

He started singing and I flipped the stereo off, I couldn't listen to him. I didn't even know why I turned it on. I walked into the bathroom, distributed and worried of what I found. I was a month late, I realized, and then it all clicked. Michael.

I ran to the phone and dialed Lacey's number.

She picked up after the first ring, "Hey, girl."

"Lacey, I need you to come over and I need you to bring me a pregnancy test," I said shaking with panic.

"Okay, be right over," she said, hanging up after that.

When Lacey finally came over I tested myself and cried when I saw the results. I sat on the couch curled up next to Lace balling, telling her everything.

"You probably need to tell him you're sorry and that he's going to be a daddy," Lacey said quietly.

"No," I stood up and looked out the window, "I never want to see him again. I'll raise this baby on my own, I don't need him."

A blanket of silence fell over the room, "Well, I have some good news to help you forget this bad news. I decided to go back to college and finish out my degree. I got accepted to NYU," Lacey said from behind me.

"That's great, so you're moving to New York?" I asked her getting a brand new idea.

"Yeah, hey, you could move in with me. I'll help you with the baby," she said.