ch 6

Sam woke up with a twinkle of light just leaving the window, Elvis hadn't woken him up yet so he was still ok to laze awake before dinner.

Sam sat up in bed, he felt better, the air was still and warm and the dust floating in the air danced in the light. He saw himself in the mirror. Even with his clothes crushed and his hair everywhere he felt good in his skin. His mind then started to return to his little problem, he was less tired and maybe a little less uncomfortable with what was happening to him.

He then remembered what dinner would bring.

Charlie was a sweet loving brother, Sam loved him with all his heart and he knew deep down Charlie loved him back. Charlie was also not the world's most knowledgeable man and not the world's most tactful man. Sam was never angry at Charlie, he wasn't ever mean, hell he had had a few crazy years before him and Bronwyn where married. But inside Sam didn't want Charlie to overreact, Sam didn't know what he'd do with an angry brother yelling or freaking out.

The door sounded slightly, "Sammy? You awake?"

"Yes dear." Sam called back. Elvis opened the door and smiled seeing the slightly deshovled but calm, happy Sam in bed.

"Bronwyn just called saying she was taking the twins to the Floods for the night, so it should be about 45 minutes to go on." Elvis said softly, holding the door and smiling at Sam.

Sam felt his smile widen as he looked at Elvis. The man was slightly deshovled from cooking and wearing an apron without shame or connotation. Elvis made the night feel less disastrous even if Sam knew Elvis would spill the wine.

"I have time for a shower then?" Sam yawned, stretching and trying to think of something that would wake him up for a few hours.

"If you dry your hair quickly then yes." Elvis chimed.

Sam rolled off of the bed and onto his feet. "Wish I could have help but you have cooking to finish." Sam called, he walked to Elvis and pulled him down into a soft kiss.

"You really do love teasing me, Sammy," Elvis chirped, going a little flush and smirking down at Sam. Sam touched the tip of Elvis nose for a second before kissing it.

"No I just like when you blush." Sam sighed, Elvis was already going beet red from Sam's little gesture. Sam shuffled past Elvis to the bathroom. "I love you, boyo."

"Sam!" Elvis cried with a small amount of falsehood in his quiver. "Stoop it!"

Elvis smiled and put a hand on his face, holding his cheek and smiling towards Sam.

Sam blew him a kiss before stepping into the bathroom.

~~~~

Sam and Elvis gave themselves one last preen.

"You're fabulous as always, El." Sam said adjusting his over shirt. Elvis giggled a little.

"You are truly a style expert my flame." Elvis said giving his hair one last slick back, he popped the collar on his jacket. "Now let's rock dinner."

"Absolutely." Sam heard the door knock, he took a deep breath and walked to the door.

He opened it and smiled brightly. "Charlie! Bronwyn! Just in time! Come in come in!"

Charlie lunged forwords and tackled Sam.

"Why'd you get all fancied up for just dinner with me and Bron?" Charlie called.

Sam choked down his urge to panic and pushed Charlie off of himself, he stood from the floor. "Would you rather me be covered in soot and sweating to death." Sam strightened his shirt back out. "Anyways it looks like Bronwyn got you into something that isn't sea stained for once." Sam hissed. "You look lovely by the way, Bron."

"Thank you Sam." Bronwyn peeped, she picked her Husband off the floor. Elvis stepped into the hallway.

"Welcome you two!" Elvis said with an audible smile. "Dinners just about done if you want to make your way to the dinnering room." Elvis called, he poked back out of the hallway.

"Doesn't smell burt yet." Charlie jabed.

Bronwyn elbowed Charlie. "It smells lovely!"

"Well why don't we get settled in then." Sam called.

~~~~

The group ate their salads quietly.

"This is quite lovely Elvis, what did you use for the dressing?" Bronwyn asked trying to cut the tension in the room.

"Thank you, Its made from fish sauce, soy sauce, mustard, and mayonnaise."

"Would have never thought of that, it works though!" Bronwyn chirped.

The rest of the salad course was quiet.

Elvis stood when the table was done and collected up plates. "I'll be right back with our main, loves." Elvis skipped off to the kitchen.

"You know I thought you and Elvis had a long shift today? Holding a dinner party is mighty ambitious wouldn't you say." Charlie called, he smiled at Sam.

"There was a last minute scheduling change." Sam informed.

"Don't tell me you got fired again."

"No, no I'm still going to work just like normal." Sam took a long hard drink of his glass of water.

"I imagine you two getting a night off would not normally equate to personal time together, so what's dinner about then?" Bronwyn asked. Sam took a shrap breath.

"Well about that." Sam couldn't find the words to say what he needed to, but Elvis walked in with four plates at that moment and Sam didn't have to find those words at this moment.

As the plates where set in front Charlie and Bronwyn they called out thanks and complements, Elvis put Sam's plate in front of him then sat with his own. Sam stared at his plate long and hard.

"Mine seems to have grown legs." Sam called with a smile and a jab at Elvis, who started going red.

"W-well I looked it up and it said fish was a bad idea and I didn't want to risk anything and you couldn't even be around fish-"

"Elvis it's fine." Sam said but inside he was screaming and panicking, he had not said the words yet and now they knew something was up. Sam glanced over at Charlie and Bronwyn after he put a reassuring hand on Elvis shoulder. Bronwyn was eating peacefully but Charlie was staring at Sam.

"Yes Charlie?" Sam called.

"Do you have anything to tell us, Sam?" Charlie asked, a bit of worry knitting his brow. Bronwyn nudged Charlie to shut up.

"Well, I mean." Sam gulped and felt his face heat up. Nerves took over and he started to stammer.

Charlie suddenly stood and yelled. "He gave you an AIDS or something! I knew it!" Charlie pointed at Elvis who started to panic.

"Charles sit down!" Bronwyn hissed, turning bright red.

"What the hell Charlie, we're pregnant! What would ever compel you to say that!" Sam stood and glared at Charlie going bright red and angry.